Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a stain on my garage floor between the rear tires of my 2000 convertible. I looked under and saw no sign of anything leaking - what could the stain have come from? It was oderless and clear.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
clear/odorless....water? :huh:

·
Registered
724 Posts
OK, lets see is this stain only after you detail/wash the car, or is it there all the time? Also between the rear tires on a centerline with the rearend, or someother location?

You realize this is the Detailing and Car Care section. If you know it has nothing to do with when the car is washed or detailed, you may want to post this in the general or tech sections.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Do you have an automatic? Is it just to the passenger side between the rear wheels? the vent line of the transmission is up there and it may have just vented some fluid. No major issue as long as its a small amount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - I just read in another post about the venting of the rear - sounds pretty funny. I took the car out today for 200 miles of highway driving - put paper under the car (6 speed) and saw a small drop sometime later - so I assume the venting is the answer - thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:down:a few more drops - and its oily - so is this an immediate issue to resolve or something to watch to see if it gets worse?
Thanks - I just read in another post about the venting of the rear - sounds pretty funny. I took the car out today for 200 miles of highway driving - put paper under the car (6 speed) and saw a small drop sometime later - so I assume the venting is the answer - thank you

·
Registered
103 Posts
A problem that a lot of C5s have is the driver side rear axle seal leaks. I had my 04 seal replaced about 2 years ago under warranty. Check to see if it is slinging oil in the area of the driver side axle. Chuck

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
A problem that a lot of C5s have is the driver side rear axle seal leaks. I had my 04 seal replaced about 2 years ago under warranty. Check to see if it is slinging oil in the area of the driver side axle. Chuck
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding... we have ah winnaaaaaaahhhh! :thumbsup:

See the thread. The leak you may see after driving is after doing some SPIRITED driving, not just 200 miles of normal driving. Common issue on all C5's.

By the way, my college team plans to beat up on your college team again this year. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Junkman if your talking about OSU getting beat again that's just in your dreams. :rolling:.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Junkman if your talking about OSU getting beat again that's just in your dreams. :rolling:.
Nah, I think he's a Syracuse basketball fan. They only lost like 3 games during the regular season last year and two of those loses where to us. They were both instant classics! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts