Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I've heard of some people not needing the hyper-flash harness. I have not met or spoken to any of them because everyone I know needed that cable. I guess you are the first, at least up to this point. Now, you need the cable too.

I was assuming that you had the cable installed. Since you don't, that is the obvious fix. It bypasses the hazard switch circuitry and kills the hyper-flash issue. Your hazard switch will still work normally, but once dirt gets in the hazard switch (which happens to every C5 out there eventually), it will not cause your blinkers to act spastic like they are doing now.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I've heard of some people not needing the hyper-flash harness. I have not met or spoken to any of them because everyone I know needed that cable. I guess you are the first, at least up to this point. Now, you need the cable too.

I was assuming that you had the cable installed. Since you don't, that is the obvious fix. It bypasses the hazard switch circuitry and kills the hyper-flash issue. Your hazard switch will still work normally, but once dirt gets in the hazard switch (which happens to every C5 out there eventually), it will not cause your blinkers to act spastic like they are doing now.

My halos worked fine for about a year or so without the harness, then they started hyper-flashing at times. Bought the harness and no problems since.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My halos worked fine for about a year or so without the harness, then they started hyper-flashing at times. Bought the harness and no problems since.
Yea, mine worked over 2 years till a few weeks ago. Oh, I forgot I added these LEDS as well. The Halo's and plate LEDS were all added at the same time. Look nice at night.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Yea, mine worked over 2 years till a few weeks ago. Oh, I forgot I added these LEDS as well. The Halo's and plate LEDS were all added at the same time. Look nice at night.

My guess is that the ballast resistors start to wear down maybe over time and the harness somehow is more forgiving. I had both the Halos AND the Muth LED turn signal mirrors operate without a glitch for probably two years, then the hiccups started - harness fixed the problem.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My guess is that the ballast resistors start to wear down maybe over time and the harness somehow is more forgiving. I had both the Halos AND the Muth LED turn signal mirrors operate without a glitch for probably two years, then the hiccups started - harness fixed the problem.
What are Muth LED turn signal mirrors? Pics?

Looks like I will buy the harness adapter to kill the hyper blink. Put a new bulb plus a touch of that continuity grease in this afternoon. Still the same problem. While I was driving it today the hyper blink was gone. Seems when my charging volts are higher it does not do it. It kinda does it when it wants :)

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
What are Muth LED turn signal mirrors? Pics?

Looks like I will buy the harness adapter to kill the hyper blink. Put a new bulb plus a touch of that continuity grease in this afternoon. Still the same problem. While I was driving it today the hyper blink was gone. Seems when my charging volts are higher it does not do it. It kinda does it when it wants :)
This is what they look like in the daytime when not flashing...

Here is an example of them in operation...
http://www.kwmuth.com/products/carsandtrucks.htm

Order details...
http://www.kwmuth.com/products/kits/220-0190.htm

Wipes out the better part of the day to do the install yourself, but a great safety addition - merging traffic can now see my intent if they are in front of my rear end along side me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is what they look like in the daytime when not flashing...

Here is an example of them in operation...
http://www.kwmuth.com/products/carsandtrucks.htm

Order details...
http://www.kwmuth.com/products/kits/220-0190.htm

Wipes out the better part of the day to do the install yourself, but a great safety addition - merging traffic can now see my intent if they are in front of my rear end along side me.
Wow, I like that mod a lot. The arrows in the mirrors are white leds? Red? My Halo's + plate leds are very bright when I hit the brakes. When I am at a red light and a car pulls up really close to me while stopped, I stand on the brake and I can see the whole insides of the car behind me. I have had a few cuss me a bit cause they cant look directly into them without hurting their eyes. Makes me laugh...
Thanks for the links.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Wow, I like that mod a lot. The arrows in the mirrors are white leds? Red? My Halo's + plate leds are very bright when I hit the brakes. When I am at a red light and a car pulls up really close to me while stopped, I stand on the brake and I can see the whole insides of the car behind me. I have had a few cuss me a bit cause they cant look directly into them without hurting their eyes. Makes me laugh...
Thanks for the links.
They are all RED LEDs, but show no color unless lit up.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Is that what I just past up on the road? :rolling:
Well, there is not auto-dimming on the right mirror and on those rare occasions when someone does come up on my left side with their brights on, it is usually obscured by a silhouette of my middle finger between me and the left mirror. :devil:

Hated to lose the auto-dimming feature, but the trade off was well worth it to me as these signal mirrors really up the safety factor when someone is in your blind spot when merging from a ramp especially (yes, we now have a "ramp" in West Texas... rumor has it we will be getting a tree soon!). I still have my auto-dim on my rearview mirror, but the light can't get through my rear tint much anyway.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
What's a boner? :devil:

I guess that is what people who aren't still up at 4:25am working get?
It's only 1:28 AM here and I just got back from L.A.. Damn I had a good dinner. Real Mexican food, cooked by real Mexican cooks. How people eat Taco Bell is so beside me. Taco Bell is like thawing out some Banquet chicken and calling it soul food. :thud:

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
It's only 1:28 AM here and I just got back from L.A.. Damn I had a good dinner. Real Mexican food, cooked by real Mexican cooks. How people eat Taco Bell is so beside me. Taco Bell is like thawing out some Banquet chicken and calling it soul food. :thud:
Well if you think it is 1:28 am there a Louisville, then you may have bigger issues than me!

I guess I have to fess up to the "boner" thing. During my last performance I was accused of falling asleep half way through my routine. On the plus side this at least explains the nightmare I woke up from where I thought I was kissing Abraham Lincoln! :surprised

PS - I you want "real" Mexican food come out here. I am the last Gringo standing - even the Chinese Buffets gave up here and half their items are tacos and burritos. :crazy:

21 - 40 of 75 Posts