Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, but I can't find the switch in the jamb. I know what these typically look like, but can't find it anyway. Reason I need it is some fool hooked an aftermarket radio (which will be changed back to stock soon) in and has it wired to cut-off when one of the doors is opened after the car is shut off. Well, about 75% of the time the interior lights don't come on and the radio doesn't shut off when I open the drivers side door...so, I'm guessing the switch is going bad, or at least needs cleaning. Any help guys?

·
Registered
126 Posts
clemsontiger,
On the door a few inches below the latch assembly . On mine right across from the tire info stickers.
Gary

·
Registered
55 Posts
Call me crazy, but I can't find the door jamb switch. I know what these typically look like, but can't find it anyway. Reason I need it is some fool hooked an aftermarket radio (which will be changed back to stock soon) in and has it wired to cut-off when one of the doors is opened after the car is shut off. Well, about 75% of the time the interior lights don't come on and the radio doesn't shut off when I open the drivers side door...so, I'm guessing the switch is going bad, or at least needs cleaning. Any help guys?
It's inside the door, built into the latch mechanism. You may be able to get it to work if you spray the latch in the door with WD40 and slam the door a few times, or work the latch open and closed using a screwdriver to trip the latch and open using the door handle.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That fool would be GM. :rolling::rolling::rolling:
Ha, I actually realized that it was done on purpose after I wrote the thread...only problem happens when there is an issues with the switch and the radio stays on all night. No go the next morning! :down:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts