Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are pics that are pending under my corvette pictures.

Finished the driveshaft loop modifications today, but don't want to run the Ebrake cable inside the loop for obvious reasons. Running it outside the loop puts it in a bind. Need some ideas so I don't have to completely redo the loop.

Any easiy solutions to relocate the Ebrake pulley cable?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
I just got them approved

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Here are your pics Dave

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the same thing thought my lool is gonna be in the middle of the shaft...

A small pulley on a bracket that attaches to the loop bolts would work fine... Or even a small piece of teflon slider form the chain guide on a motocross bike with a dremel grove...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks man, those are both great ideas. I can even do them without taking the darn thing out! Think I am going to go with the small pulley idea. I am a bit worried about uneven tension from side to side on the ebrake, but maybe I can get the pulley such that I can even get the cable back in the center.

I was so focused on moving the original pulley I would have never thought of that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think the loop has to be within either 4" or 6" of the end of the driveshaft (can't remember which) to be NHRA legal. Need to get my book back from my brother.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Think the loop has to be within either 4" or 6" of the end of the driveshaft (can't remember which) to be NHRA legal. Need to get my book back from my brother.
I'll check on that....

One other thought after looking at your pics in more detail...

howsabout a piece of snall diameter steel tubing like an old pushrod with the ends cut off to protect the cable as it passes through the inside...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liked your pulley idea so much that I did it today and it works pretty well actually. Next time I pull out the crossmember I'm going to tweak the angle of the original stock pulley and maybe strengthen up the bracket I made.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow if your interested.

Took 2" of 1/8" (1"X1") steel angle iron, drilled two 3/8" mounting holes so I could mount it in the lower two look bolts. Bought a $2 lamp/ficture pulley with a brass pulley, drilled out the pin, bought a 1/4" grade 8 bolt and some grade 8 washers and mounted it up. Had about $8 into the whole thing.

Only things are 1) the mounting bracket needs a little more strength and 2) as stated earlier, the original plastic spring needs cut off and rewelded at a slightly different angle.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pulley pic. Like I said above, I'm going to strengthen it up a bit next time I pull the cross member out. The pic is posted on 'my photos'.

·
Registered
550 Posts
:thumbsup:

That looks like it worked well!!.

BTW you are correct the DS loop has to be within 6 inches of the u-joint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts