Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have my rear differential out, if I want to address my driveshaft u-joints do I simply pull the driveshaft out of the tranny? Does the slip yoke just slide out if the tranny? With my luck it can't be that simple. Can it?:crazy::laughing:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Yes, it does just slide out. But be forwarned, after you remove the drive shaft fluid will leek out the tailshaft. If the driveshaft is going to be removed for awhile, get yourself some duct tape and tape up the end of the transmission.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Yes, it does just slide out. But be forwarned, after you remove the drive shaft fluid will leek out the tailshaft. If the driveshaft is going to be removed for awhile, get yourself some duct tape and tape up the end of the transmission.

:agree:

I bought a set of these for my garage. A VERY useful tool to keep on hand. Keeps the fluid from leaking out, protects the shaft itself from marring or dings, and can be used on many different types of transmissions.

http://www.commercialforms.com/Detail.bok?no=325

·
Registered
42 Posts
After the fluid has drained and no more is coming out , I used a paint can cap to put at the end to keep dust out. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
small ziplock bag and a piece of tape...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It's best to unbolt the drive shaft from the front yoke and leave the yoke in the trans tail shaft so you don't have to deal with the mess of the fluid streaming out, then yes you can remove it through the rear of the car. Don't forget to reinstall it first before you reinstall the diff.

Riggs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts