Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got caught driving in the rain for the first time in my garage queen 07 C6 coupe. You know it the General made a $58,000 car that the wipers stopped in the middle of a real heavy down pour. Yes I had checked the wipers and they worked fine before. I went to have the windows tinted and that is another possible thread. Installer could not get the tint to lay flat for installation in rear window. He has to get thinner film and try again. Akter checking fuses and current limiters out the wipers worked when the hood was closed. Got into rain on way home again. Stopped at Auto Zone and got some Rain X. It got me home. OH WELL STUFF HAPPENS in a new $58,000 corvette.WJC :down: :down: :down: :down:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I got caught--twice in two days!!! in heavy rain. Washed the car after the first one, what a mess on the rear of a black car! Then, bang, hit again. It sits in the garage until I get a chance to wash it. Will not drive a filthy Corvette! :nuts: Looks like crap! But the wipers worked great. Best on any car I've had. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got caught--twice in two days!!! in heavy rain. Washed the car after the first one, what a mess on the rear of a black car! Then, bang, hit again. It sits in the garage until I get a chance to wash it. Will not drive a filthy Corvette! :nuts: Looks like crap! But the wipers worked great. Best on any car I've had. :thumbsup:
Whiterock1 - Looks like I have the same C6. My wipers work fine. I had mine down the Jersey shore the past three weeks and talk about filthy. It was green with pollen... every two days I washed it. Its back in my garage and being detailed by my son as we speak. U r correct AWESOME car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would die without air condition...

My C6 is a 6 speed manual.

When I accelerate around a right hand exit or entrance ramp I hear
a tap tap taping noise coming from the rear.
I had it in for service and yup, they could not reproduce the problem even though I can reproduce it at will. I also turned off the traction control but I still have the problem.
I plan on taking them for a ride, but I'd thought i would check here first.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pat, there's a thread on C6 rear end noise further down the page. Seems like others are experiencing the same thing.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still no wipers

Well this afternoon after lunch I went the large chevy in town. I don't do dark early since I retired. The service man said if I was willing to wait a couple of hours I would get my Vette fixed for sure. You guessed it I waited until 5:00 and that was it, no fix sorry but we couldn't get to it. I was waiting for the knife in the back, by the way where did you buy your vette? I'm going to another dealer in a small town who has a good rep. I'm paying attention to the weather. Wife says I should not drive it in rain anyway.:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I didn't realize it was raining that much in Lafayette right now! :( Hopefully it clears up before I come home next week. Where did you go to get your window tinting done? I brought mine to NIM's on Johnston street because I know the guy that does the tint there...when he did the back glass he heated it up with a heat gun to kind of melt it just a little to form to the window and it worked with the darkest tint they make. The hardest part was tinting over all the black dots.

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
You guys and your garage queens! Cry me a river, boo hoo :~( You know there are people on here who drive these cars every day rain or shine... ! ...exhale. OK, I'm better now. ;~)

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I have driven my car in Ice, Snow, Torrential Rain and first rain of the season super slick conditions. It is in your right foot. These cars are very controllable.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i out ran a storm on sunday:partyon:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yea, and y'all think you have it bad? Try driving an 86 Vette in really hard rain. The pitch of the windshield and hood don't help a bit. I had to be a redneck and Ace Ventura it one night and crack the window to see the white line. That car is not that hard, but not that easy to control on the road. I imagine the C6, better yet I know that car has to be way easier to drive in the rain. By the way, I drive my car rain or shine to college. Besides, my car is cleaned EVERY weekend before I hit the town. It kinda has a movie feel when it is slightly dirty and has that rumble when you drive it through town. But overall, there is nothing that beats a squeaky clean Corvette! :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Today I got caught driving in the rain for the first time in my garage queen 07 C6 coupe. You know it the General made a $58,000 car that the wipers stopped in the middle of a real heavy down pour. Yes I had checked the wipers and they worked fine before. I went to have the windows tinted and that is another possible thread. Installer could not get the tint to lay flat for installation in rear window. He has to get thinner film and try again. Akter checking fuses and current limiters out the wipers worked when the hood was closed. Got into rain on way home again. Stopped at Auto Zone and got some Rain X. It got me home. OH WELL STUFF HAPPENS in a new $58,000 corvette.WJC :down: :down: :down: :down:
Yes, parts break even in a $58,0000 car. Go check the reliability ratings of some other "high" end cars. You might be surprised.

Good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rain and tint

The day I went to test drive my vette, the wipers did not work. They got it fixed and I went back to buy the car. I guess it's a garage queen, but I still want to know EVERYTHING I paid for works.
As far as the tint goes, the C6 back window is one of the toughest cars to do. The key is to get the installer to agree to return visits to work out the stippling area of the back window. If he's good, he will , and the window will look like new money!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wipers Don't work in the Rain

The first thing I did this morning before calling another dealer,with a coup of coffee in hand,
was to check out the wipers . They had a chance to dry out over nite. guess what! They worked like a champ. Now what? I'll get the garden hose out later and see what happens. Wife says don't drive in rain, she is actually piss off that I got it rained on. I'm surprised about her interest. OH! well......LIFE is very GOOD if all I have to worry about is so small a problem. Now let me see what I can get into at the local muffler shops today.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts