Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I,m new at this. Got this code and I know it has to do with crankshaft position system but whats next. Couldn't erase it. Any ideas???
Antoine

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Have you had any work don't to your car recently?

The crankshaft position system variation values are stored in the PCM non-volatile memory after the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure has been performed. DTC P1336 set indicates that the crankshaft position system variation values have not been stored in the PCM and the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure must be performed. The learn procedure is required after the following service procedures have been performed, regardless of whether or not DTC P1336 is set:
  • PCM replacement
  • Engine replacement
  • Crankshaft replacement
  • Crankshaft balancer replacement
  • Crankshaft position sensor replacement
  • Any engine repair(s) which disturbs the crankshaft/harmonic balancer to crankshaft position sensor relationship

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Got anymore info. What was the engine doing when you got the code. Was it misfiring, running normal, accelerating, decelerating. If you disconnect the power train control module with the ignition key on you might erase the stored pulse value from the crankshaft position sensor (this would include leaving the key on til the battery is drained completely). This sensor sends pulses to the PCM when the reluctor wheel teeth rotate past the sensor. The PCM uses the crankshaft position sensor pulses in order to synchronize the ignition and the fuel injector operation, and in order to time the interval between each CKP pulse. Check for a chipped or damaged reluctor wheel, incorrect alignment of the CKP sensor to the reluctor wheel, excessive crankshaft run-out, interference in the signal circuit to the CKP sensor, or incorrect ratio of crankshaft to camshaft pulses

If there isn't anything wrong with the sensor or the reluctor adn everything looks okay, a scan tool can make the PCM relearn the values. I hope this will get you started in the right direction

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PCM replaced

Have you had any work don't to your car recently?

The crankshaft position system variation values are stored in the PCM non-volatile memory after the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure has been performed. DTC P1336 set indicates that the crankshaft position system variation values have not been stored in the PCM and the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure must be performed. The learn procedure is required after the following service procedures have been performed, regardless of whether or not DTC P1336 is set:
  • PCM replacement
  • Engine replacement
  • Crankshaft replacement
  • Crankshaft balancer replacement
  • Crankshaft position sensor replacement
  • Any engine repair(s) which disturbs the crankshaft/harmonic balancer to crankshaft position sensor relationship

Actually the PCM was replaced along with the wire harness but it was reprogramed at the dealership. Will it go away after so many starts?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
If it were mine I would be hot footing it back to the dealer to have them redo the the relearn procedure...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts