Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97c5 w/dual climate control. I'm having problems with my fan. It will all of a sudden stop working. Then after several minutes it will come back on-but always goes back off. This will happen continually until I reach my destination.
Does this sound like a climate control unit problem or a relay issue?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dual climate control

Thanks for your help. The blower fan is whats going on and off.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have a 97c5 w/dual climate control. I'm having problems with my fan. It will all of a sudden stop working. Then after several minutes it will come back on-but always goes back off. This will happen continually until I reach my destination.
Does this sound like a climate control unit problem or a relay issue?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
the c5's had a huge problem with the climate control unit. do any of the lights on the control unit go on or off when this fan acts up? if any lights change or go on or off the climate control unit is bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dual climate control

As far as the unit it self-everything is working- all the selected functions work
and the lighting is also good. I've owned several c4's but this is my first c5.
Ive already replaced both headlight motor gears and my mirror spring has come off, which was a tricky fix. Hope this is not a bad sign?. I'm not to familiar with
the c5's - how do I access the blower motor?

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's under the passenger side of the dash behind the glovebox.
Under the glovebox there is a panel it is held in with two plastic plugs that are at the front edge. These can be pried out with a screw driver. Don't pull the panel out until you pry your footwell light out and pass it back up through the panel and let it hang there.

You should be able to see your blower motor now. To test your motor is ok you can put a piece of wire on it and and touch the other end to ground. The motor should run at full power if it's ok! From memory I don't think you even need turn on the ignition as the blwer motor is live all the time.

If your motor is ok there is a CC conrol module that is up behind the blower motor in the right hand corner. I had to replace this on my car as my blower stop working even though the HVAC control panel was fine. I used a second hand one from a Grand Prix Regal which cost me $25 on Ebay.

Until my cc control module arrived I rigged up a switch which earthed the blower motor when ever I wanted it on and mounted it insinde where th ash tray was!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dual climate control

Thanks for your help. Nice to know theres plenty of knowable vette owners in
the DC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts