Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my a/c fixed at the dealership, reset the actuator and adjusted the freeon level. Great, now it blows ice cold and works perfect except for 2 things:

1. The automatic climate control does absolutely nothing. No matter what setting I put it on it doesn't blow air hot or cold.

2. the heat only works on the passenger side, no matter what temperature though i'm hoping it's related to the outside temperature sensor which is currently reading my garage at 138 degrees, i ordered a new one so hopefully that'll fix problem number two (and maybe one?).

any ideers?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I recently had my a/c fixed at the dealership, reset the actuator and adjusted the freeon level. Great, now it blows ice cold and works perfect except for 2 things:

1. The automatic climate control does absolutely nothing. No matter what setting I put it on it doesn't blow air hot or cold.

2. the heat only works on the passenger side, no matter what temperature though i'm hoping it's related to the outside temperature sensor which is currently reading my garage at 138 degrees, i ordered a new one so hopefully that'll fix problem number two (and maybe one?).

any ideers?
The outside temperature control is most likely going to resolve your issue. If it is not working, part of the HVAC will not work either. If your temperature is reading too low, then the AC will not work. This is opposite for your heat so I would say that the outside temperature control is the culprit. If it does not immediately fix the problem, drive the car for a while and the system will realize the change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The outside temperature control is most likely going to resolve your issue. If it is not working, part of the HVAC will not work either. If your temperature is reading too low, then the AC will not work. This is opposite for your heat so I would say that the outside temperature control is the culprit. If it does not immediately fix the problem, drive the car for a while and the system will realize the change.
Unfortunately it didn't work for the auto :(.

I cleared the hvac codes, and b0361 H and b0363 H reappeared after i started the car. The H means history thought right? Is this indicative of a problem still remaining in the actuator?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Did you do the recalibration of the actuators? Sometimes, the outside sensor takes a few minutes before it starts working. Is the correct outside temperature showing? That's a must before anything will work. Also, you have to recalibrate the actuators after doing a repair like this. I've posted those instructions in a few threads on this subject.

H is for a history code. Are you sure that you had cleared all the codes and that these codes are not leftovers? Make sure you answer all my questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you do the recalibration of the actuators? Sometimes, the outside sensor takes a few minutes before it starts working. Is the correct outside temperature showing? That's a must before anything will work. Also, you have to recalibrate the actuators after doing a repair like this. I've posted those instructions in a few threads on this subject.

H is for a history code. Are you sure that you had cleared all the codes and that these codes are not leftovers? Make sure you answer all my questions.
Yes, the actuators were re calibrated, but not since the dealership (i'm assuming you want me to do it again since replacing the temp sensor so i'll go do it now). I drove around long enough after replacing the outside sensor to see the outside air temperature move down from 130 degrees to 82 (which is still about 5 degrees off, but i imagine it's fixed now). Yes, i'm sure i cleared the codes, after i cleared them i started the car and let it idle for about 5 minutes then checked for codes and they both re-appeared as history codes.

I'm going to go clear the codes again, pull the #27 fuse, disconnect the battery, wait 10 minutes, and pray. Brb.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
... I'm going to go clear the codes again, pull the #27 fuse, disconnect the battery, wait 10 minutes, and pray. Brb.
That's not the recalibration process. Where did you get that from? I posted the EXACT process in a few threads.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You need to put your vehicle year in your profile. What year car are you working on? Also, what did you do with the battery while doing the recalibration?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need to put your vehicle year in your profile. What year car are you working on? Also, what did you do with the battery while doing the recalibration?
1997, nothing with the battery left it connected, am i supposed to hear it moving or something? when i pull the fuse i don't hear it doing anything, and when i reconnect the fuse still, don't hear it doing anything.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
1997, nothing with the battery left it connected, am i supposed to hear it moving or something? when i pull the fuse i don't hear it doing anything, and when i reconnect the fuse still, don't hear it doing anything.
No you won't hear anything. B0363 is the Left Actuator Feedback Open. That explains why the heat isn't working on the driver's side. It sounds like you are going to need a scan tool. Do you have access to one?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
...or off to someone with a scan tool. You will need to verify that the left actuator is bad and a scan tool will tell you that. The flow chart is in the service manual. It's not too hard to replace as there are a few threads on how to do so without removing the dash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts