Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the dual mode exhaust work? Is there a switch that operates the butterfly or is it determined by throttle position or something else? More importantly can you set it so its always open? A buddy of mine recently drove an2008 with this option and told me it sounded great at start up, but after the engine warmed up a bit it lost the growl. Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the NPP on my '08 and it is a combination of throttle position and RPM. You need like 1/4 throttle and then at 3500 RPMs they will open using vacuum actuators to open the butterfly in the tailpipe.

Options for controlling:
1) you can pull the fuse and have it loud (relative) all the time.
2) I am told that there is a key fob that you can buy that will control it- on demand open or closed.
3) you can buy a switch for the same effect (on demand open/closed)

Overall, the NPP is a little louder throughout the entire range than the '07. You can really tell when it opens up. It is loud at startup because the actuators (and therefore butterflys) are open when the car is off so they have to close, whcih quiets it done up until the 3500 RPM/throttle position is achieved.

I like the loud/quiet scenerio b/c I like having a sleeper...no one sees (or hears it coming and if I want it loud, i can always just pull the fuse)

A

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.
Here's the link to the remote control option:

Link edited by moderator

Note: DC has sponsors who sell this product. DC could not be here and available to us if not for sponsors. When members are interested in Vette products, please check our very knowledgable sponsors for the availability of those products.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts