Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the "Dumb Remarks" that people have said about your car ? I was out for a drive kast year and when I stopped for gas a lady came up to the Wife and I , looked the car all over and says " Nice car, I just love these old Thunderbirds".

Bob :(

·
Registered
990 Posts
How about a guy coming up to me , telling me he is a huge corvette fan, has worked for a chev. dealer , yada yada yada, and then asked me if I had the white stripe painted on myself ?:spanked: When informed that the answer was no , this is a grand sport model. He says I shouldn't have painted the mags black:surprised

·
Registered
48 Posts
At a swap meet yesterday. Looking over a nice vette with the usual mods listing posted on it. A self appointed GM expert was standing next to me. One of the mods listed was a 383 engine. The expert asked me when they started putting Chrysler engines in Vetts. :huh: :rolleyes: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Isn't it amazing how some people seem to insist on demonstrating their ignorance.:laughing:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I always like the guys that will come up to look at your car at a show, and tell you that their friend has one exactly the same, except it's a different colour, different year, different engine, etc, etc.

I guess their just trying to make conversation, but it always seems a little weird to me. :laughing:

:D :D

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I was at a car wash on post here and a guy came up talking about Vettes (expected) he went on to say that he had one (cool!) until he said he bought an '83 new!

I asked him a couple of times about his '83 that looked JUST like mine but after a few wrong guesses on his part I knew he was full of it...he also wanted to argue with me that the first Vettes were steel :D:laughing:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Two years ago when my dad got his 85, one of my friend's asked me if it was a brand new one.

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just thinking back to when I put the 57 together, an old boy walks up to the car while it's in primer and taps on the trunk lid. He says " Boy they don't put metal in them like that anymore" I replied " Your right, they don't" . I never told him it wasn't steel. Bob

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Right after I had gotten my silver 98 coupe, the wife and I went to the local Dominicks and Kmart. I parked out where our Lord had lost his sandals and some guy rolled up in a pickup and said "nice car, is that one of then new Beetles?"

·
Registered
135 Posts
my neighbor is a Ford guy, an old Ford guy.
When I first got the car he was confused as to what it was.
One day I was washing it in the driveway and he comes over and asks ..what kind of car is that ? Is that a camaro ?
I'm not sure if he was being a typical smart ass Ford owner or just that stupid:huh:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I always get the "that care must cost a fortune to drive/how bad is the gas mileage" lines. When I enlighten them to the actual gas mileage I would get (when it was bone stock), their jaws drop and say "really?"

Never had any of the more interesting comments others have. :laughing:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a woman the other day tell me that her father-in-law had one of the old ones...the kind that had the metal bodies:rolleyes:

Sometimes you like the attention of a Vette...sometimes ya don't!

·
Registered
132 Posts
All of these story’s are great ...They are so true
besides saying dumb remarks, How about doing stupid thinks, I had a Bone Head come up to my Vette at a local car show with my hood up put his shoe on my front tire I proceeded to tie it and then walk away like it was nothing. I let him know I just spent a half an hour just detailing the tires for this show and shine and thanks a lot.
:huh: :huh:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts