1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Cool that they're doing a couple Vettes, I'll probably tune in just for that.

As for the show.....I struggled through the first two episodes. Not really enough hands on work being shown. Mostly commercials and just a couple "highlights" of actual work. Way too much "drama" from the contestants too. I feel it's poorly produced.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Just got through watching that show and in my opinion they ****ing destroyed the sexy body lines of a Corvette and made them ugly. :down::down::down: for both teams

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Just got through watching that show and in my opinion they ****ing destroyed the sexy body lines of a Corvette and made them ugly. :down::down::down: for both teams
I totally agree :crazy: They lost me when one guy made the comment at the first of the show " corvettes are boring " what a moron :nuts: The paint jobs sucked and the body mods were tasteless. Way too much made up drama for me! :lookinup:
Overhaulin makes this show look like kindergarten kids on the play ground.:rolling: Why cant some one just show the hard work involved in restoring a C3:huh: Just my 2 cents :cheers: Mark

·
Registered
230 Posts
BORING!! How can people say that. I don't think that anyone of us would be bored going down the road at 80 mph with the steering wheel moving in and out like it did and with the drivers seat moving all around because of the bolts not being right.:rolling:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Random thoughts

Not a huge fan of the format but thought the winning car wasn't too bad. Actually, in terms of modern interpretations on a C3 it was one of the more tasteful I've seen.

Imagine the winning vette with grey centered torq thrust IIs and brushed stainless or coated grey side pipes.

It's a shame the all stars are colorblind and only apply graphics inspired by their tattoos. If all they did was paint everything black with classic red, orange, yellow, white flames their builds would be improved as a whole.

Right now somebody is laying a saw across the point of a C3 nose with a train headlight sitting on the workbench.

The sandwich deal killed me :smack Who among us HASN'T been that guy. lol

Did anybody else catch the narrator talking about the all star's narrower 245 fronts for improved handling. Double lol. They need to hire a car-knowledgable script writer instead of the dude that writes "when vacations attack"

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I didn't take the time to watch it. Glad I didn't. :down:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I was very disappointed that neither car I would want to own.

The red one reminded me too much of a Pacer, and the plexiglass hood scoop looked really nice with the K&N round aircleaner under it :crazy: But I did like the '68-69 front fender gills

The other one looked like Bozo would be driving it :smack

·
Registered
423 Posts
I watched it last night...I gave up at the part when the engines were out and the drama began...not a fan of drama:laughing:

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
4 x 4 version???? :huh: Based on the stance and the rock crusher jeep wheels, looks pretty trail ready to me. :crazy:
If that's not enough off road look for you, just check out the rivet style spoiler flare on the front. :down:

is that a vagina on the center armrest?? :lookinup:
Where did the door glass go? :crazy:

other than the batman mates with 747 front headlights, i like this one. The stance is badass, the paint looks cool (from a distance anyway). The wheels are "ok", but not perfect.

interior looks half assed like some highschoolers did it. This was supposedly the "professional's" car? Bad fitment...poor design...loose seat covers....yuck!
:wtf

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tis a sad day to see that. :WTF. Where in the heck historically did the need to customize a Vette into a carnival ride come from? They should eat a turd sandwich:rolling:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tis a sad day to see that. :WTF. Where in the heck historically did the need to customize a Vette into a carnival ride come from? They should eat a turd sandwich:rolling:

The carnival ride treatment has always been woven into the C3s disco DNA. Hasn't it?

The one guy was eating a turd sandwich. He set it on the nose before paint!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Anyone else see the wires in the interior of the second one between the consol and hand brake? that was lazy. The four lights in the center of the bumper?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
They wasted two gorgeous Corvettes for what, to show their shitty ideas and building skills. I'm no "professional builder" but I do have ideas and tastes that won't destroy the sexy line that a Corvette has. I have it in mind to kick them in the nuts so hard they can never foul the earth with little shits like them again.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Man you guys have me rolling! :rolling: Hey Slow & Leaky I think you must be right about the disco era influence on the Vette. I'm 45 so I remember Corvette Summer and that whole influence as a kid. It just seems like the Vette (shark body in particular) has always been a target of this mindless excess and I don't truly understand why. I mean I remember seeing other cars with some hokey stuff done, but nothing like the abuse on Vettes.

·
Registered
552 Posts
This schtuff is fun to debate.

For example I think the more subtle winning car would get WORSHIPPED if a board member had built it.

Also, I would worship the losing car if it were primered, equipped with stock car wheels & tires, and had the headlight knocked out to be an inlet for a turbo the size of a pumpkin.

It would also be neat if either of them could fly.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts