Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fact or Myth does rain cause a Dyno to give low numbers? If so how much of a difference does it make? If it makes a difference Im talking Dyno Jet.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Best dyno numbers are achieved in cold dry conditions.

Temp and humidity impact dyno numbers. My car is dyno'd a lot as we are always working on it.
I have personally seen numbers change as much as 10hp on a same day morning/afternoon Dyno without changes to the tune.

A few tuners and most engine builders dyno cars in a controlled environment to minimize environmental impact on the results.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Also correction factors exists within the dyno software that try to minimize the impact of outside factors (like weather) to give a more consistent result set.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Only if you're dynoing outside and the tires are spinning :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I was just asking. I know there are correction factors involved but was just wondering about how accurate those factors are. I know nothing is perfect have heard the same thing. Cool dry air it the best. So if I have cool wet air how much could the numbers change even after the correction factor if at all.

Thanks for your help. I just dynoed the new 417 with a small cam yesterday. Numbers and chart to come only after I get all the details wrote up and ready!:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts