Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the GS up to DynoTech Eng. to get a base line before I add LT's and X-pipe. My car had alittle overheating problem and thus turned
311.6 RWHP
300.2 RWTQ

The cool thing is that my Tq curve is well not a curve flat all the way across and my HP curve is also pretty flat. I'm not overly impress with the numbers, the guy a Dyno Tech said that if the pulls were made when the car was in the right temp range it should of done about 317RWHP.....Oh well

I'm with Patrick on this one....lets get Z06's :)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
MongooseLT4 said:
Took the GS up to DynoTech Eng. to get a base line before I add LT's and X-pipe. My car had alittle overheating problem and thus turned
311.6 RWHP
300.2 RWTQ

The cool thing is that my Tq curve is well not a curve flat all the way across and my HP curve is also pretty flat. I'm not overly impress with the numbers, the guy a Dyno Tech said that if the pulls were made when the car was in the right temp range it should of done about 317RWHP.....Oh well

I'm with Patrick on this one....lets get Z06's :)
Did you have the PCM tuned? Seems like you should be making more power.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hasn't been tuned yet...I'm going to wait until after the longtubes.

The thing is the car feel really really strong. I raced my buddy in his 400RWHP Camaro SS lastnight and he only pulled me about 2 cars to 120mph :huh: I got a 1/2 car jump on him the first race and he couldn't catch me up to 125 so I dunno whats going on.....

Bad dyno, bad day, bad condition who knows

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
MongooseLT4 said:
Hasn't been tuned yet...I'm going to wait until after the longtubes.

The thing is the car feel really really strong. I raced my buddy in his 400RWHP Camaro SS lastnight and he only pulled me about 2 cars to 120mph :huh: I got a 1/2 car jump on him the first race and he couldn't catch me up to 125 so I dunno whats going on.....

Bad dyno, bad day, bad condition who knows
Who is going to tune your car?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patrick- I'm going to take to DynoTech or LS1 speed I haven't decided yet. LPE may also be in the running.

777- As far as I know he did, I'm getting a K&N and lid on the way today. Hopefully after the LTs it will finally come into the right power I think it should be

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
ok just for those of us that don't know what is the average range for a GS to dyno at?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that they are around 295-300.....so you see my problem with my numbers:( I've got a K&N filter and cut lid on the way, and 160degree stat also to help keep my engine temp down for next time :excited:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Punk Boy said:
ok just for those of us that don't know what is the average range for a GS to dyno at?
They can very a bit, but (as mentioned above) 290 - 300 seems to be about correct. I've seen them go as low as 285 and as high as 301-302.

I dyno'd last year at 305/313 with Shorties, exhaust, Forced air intake, 52MM TB and a fuel pressure regulator. Mine was also a bit on the low side, but I have a myriad of excuses :laughing: (Car was too hot, tire pressure was too low, AF mix was to fat, etc.). I think anyone could tune in a few more ponies with the right expertise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts