Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my first dyno run...

The car is stock except for the Halltech Stinger SSM.
Here is more info on the run:
1250 ft elevation
97.55 deg F
28.76 in-Hg absolute
17% Humidity
91octane (Highest I can get a regular pump here in AZ).
Data above is with 1.05 SAE correction factor

The second run was done right after the first one and the third run was run after about 5-10min idle after the 2nd run.

What do guys think?
What is the best bang for the buck to get to 400-425 rwhp and rwtq?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
:thumbsup:

nice numbers

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ahh #'s are kinda low for a m6, especially the torque hopefully the elev, high temps messed it up, re-dyno when temps are in 70's

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh #'s are kinda low for a m6, especially the torque hopefully the elev, high temps messed it up, re-dyno when temps are in 70's
The graph and numbers are already adjusted for ideal condition (1.05 SAE Correction Factor). The actual number can be obtain by dividing the SAE Correction Factor. What #s should I be expecting?

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Those are true and great numbers fmatic. You had the best #'s for a stock C6 that day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
The graph and numbers are already adjusted for ideal condition (1.05 SAE Correction Factor). The actual number can be obtain by dividing the SAE Correction Factor. What #s should I be expecting?
Most C6 manual C6's dyno SAE @ 350-355 rwhp stock & 350-355 rwto STOCK
Even my C6 automatic A4 got 348 rwhp 358 rwto bone stock, but in cooler 75-80 deg near sea level...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
762 Posts
OK so looking at your dyno runs makes me feel a lot better.

I only got 326 and 326, but my car sat for maybe 15 minutes before I dyno'd it. I ran a second time with no wait and got the exact same numbers.

This was with a Halltech venom. So I pulled the Venom and put the stock airbox back on. But this time I realized I had my AC on the entire time. I thought most cars killed the AC at WOT, but apparently not in the C6.

I turned off the AC with the stock box back in and I gained 10 ft-lbs and lost 2hp. So yep the AC has a pretty big effect.

Since my back to back run was exactly the same I am going to say I was running pretty hot, and compare my 2nd run to your 2nd run. In which case, I got 10 less hp with the AC on and 6 more ft-lbs of tq.

Then with the AC off and the stock box I had 334 ft-lbs and 324hp. Since the Halltech really will only help breath at higher rpms.

Then when you factor in the temp, since it was probably closer to 108 than 98 when I ran. I think we are pretty close. I know it's supposed to be corrected, but the C6 pulls a lot more timing at 108 than it does at 98, and the dyno doesn't correct for that.

I'll get my charts in here as soon as I get them from AZDC. I didn't even bother to e-mail them to myself because I was so pissed I pulled 326, when another C6 pulled 351 earlier in the day. I am sure they still have them though.

We should go back once it cools down here. Like in December. Although honestly, I could care less about the dyno. I only care about my ET and trap. Also I am pissed they were grilling hamburgers 15 feet from my car during my pulls. Probably didn't hurt the pull, but it did cover my car in burger grease.

Frank, have you ever run at Firebird? I just went the Friday before the dyno day and pulled a 13.3 at 108.6. It was still 100 out. There were no other C6's, but a bunch of GTO's running 14.2 at 99mph.

We'll need to get everybody out once it cools down. Apparently they have Sat night drags now, every once in a while, and it's never very crowded. We should pick a Saturday and get as many C6's as we can.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frank, have you ever run at Firebird? I just went the Friday before the dyno day and pulled a 13.3 at 108.6. It was still 100 out. There were no other C6's, but a bunch of GTO's running 14.2 at 99mph.
I don't do drag much, I like doing the road coarse at PIR but my best time at Firebird is the same time as you, 13.3 at about around 109mph (don't remember the exact number).

·
Registered
762 Posts
Cool thanks. I will post my pathetic graphs as soon as I get some time to download the dyno reader, etc. Work is sucking today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts