Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know how much quicker and how much more HP the LT4 generated over an LT1? I know the factrory rated the LT4 @ 30 more HP.

I have never raced one but I would think they would run with most LS1 Vets, correct?

·
Registered
336 Posts
My bone stock GS ran a best of [email protected], I even trapped 110mph a few times but I would say thats right with any LS-1 vette I have seen that is stock.

Patrick ran 12.7 with his black LT-4 before it burned :(

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Here are my best times, decent track conditions on a day that the temperature was dropping (to about 65) and the barometer was climbing. Most of the day I was running 12.95 to 13.05.

If the track isn't well prepared (lots of VHT) you have to ease it off the line, ultimately hurting your ET. It's a great car!

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Ooops, I forgot about the dyno.

When the car was stock:300 RWHP and 308RWTQ on the DynoJet. I'll track down the dyno sheet and scan it.

~Patrick

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300 HP. Really very impressive. I know the LT1 /MN6 cars were usually no more than 250-260 @ the rear wheels if I remember. I know the AT cars were generallya round 240-245 HP.

If an LT4 pulled 300 @ the rear wheels, obviously the 30 HP reported differences was BS.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
The stock LS1's that were pulling the same day as me were 297-300 RWHP.

Obviously when GM came out with the LT4 in 1996, they knew the LT4 was the same HP or more than the debut LS1. So, they under-rated the LT4 at 330HP knowing that the 1997 should have higher HP to kick off the new generation car (345HP).

That's my theory, anyway....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the education. I knew about the LT4 but never inquired for more info or saw one run.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dyno Numbers

Just had a recent Dyno day in Virginia and the GS with just a K&N filter and Corsa exhaust Dyno'd in at 304 HP and 310 torque. We had two other LT4's up there that day one completely stock that dyno'd at 293 hp and another with a flowmaster exhaust and a cold air induction which had 305 HP. Sort of funny, that car had the high mileage, 96,000 miles and still pulling good HP!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nasty C4 said:
not really stock but..... 448rwhp @ 7100 rpm 7600 redline :D :D

Nasty C4,

Wow, do Canadians use the Metric system on HP too???:laughing: /Jokin.

Seriously, those are some nice numbers out of a LT4!!!!!!!

Any Timeslips?:partyon:

·
Registered
38 Posts
thanks!! Those #s are off a motor dyno, and factoring a driveline loss of - cant remember- what percentage. Anyhow, since then i have better headers, a b&b exhaust (was dynoed with headers, no cats and lt1 exhaust) , random tech cats, a new accel dfi system getting installed soon for better tuning, new shaft mount rockers and some minor porting tweaks as well. I have high hopes but im hoping 460 rwhp when its in the car and on the road. I will be going to englishtown NJ for a shootout as soon as its ready and i will only run street tires ( my new 19s! :D ). I dont expect it to hook ( i have 4.09s but im hoping to swap a 3.73). As long as my MPH is there ill be happy! Hopes.... high 11s to low 12s @ 122-125 mph. Oh those bikes will pay on the highways of toronto!!! :D :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My LT4 with just the K&N ran 293hp and 311ftlbs at the wheels, since the head work and hot cam I havn't been back to the dyno. At the track I've run 13.1 at 112mph, my 60's are 2.2 average, terrible I know but the track is very old and no money will ever be invested into it.
There is a track opening this may and it looks to be a good one with some cash behind it, so we will see what i can run.:rolleyes:
I figure mid 12's:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I never dynoed mine and it has only been to the track once. It is bone stock and ran back to back to back 13.0 @ 109 mph with a best mph of 110mph with stock tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've attached (I hope) the dyno sheet for my LT4, stock except for an open lid, K&N, and Corsa cat-backs.

Weather was horrible for making ponies -- 85 degrees and about 95% humidity. Still pulled 308/308...:partyon:

Brad

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll see if I can dig up my old dyno sheet. I pulled 317 at the wheels. Only mod was a Corsa. I'vr only taken it to the track once and my driving sucks. 13.4 @106 or something like that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nasty C4 said:
thanks!! Those #s are off a motor dyno, and factoring a driveline loss of - cant remember- what percentage. Anyhow, since then i have better headers, a b&b exhaust (was dynoed with headers, no cats and lt1 exhaust) , random tech cats, a new accel dfi system getting installed soon for better tuning, new shaft mount rockers and some minor porting tweaks as well. I have high hopes but im hoping 460 rwhp when its in the car and on the road. I will be going to englishtown NJ for a shootout as soon as its ready and i will only run street tires ( my new 19s! :D ). I dont expect it to hook ( i have 4.09s but im hoping to swap a 3.73). As long as my MPH is there ill be happy! Hopes.... high 11s to low 12s @ 122-125 mph. Oh those bikes will pay on the highways of toronto!!! :D :laughing: :laughing:

Is that U Mike.....???/

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know the LT1 /MN6 cars were usually no more than 250-260 @ the rear wheels if I remember. I know the AT cars were generallya round 240-245 HP.
That's awful low for a stock LS1 from what I've seen. Was this on a Mustang dyno?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts