Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tommorow I'm heading out to have my car dyno tuned. The tuner uses EFI Live/Flashcan for all GM cars. Right now my mods are a Borla straight pipe kit, Vortex ram air intake, 170 stat, and a ram clutch. Just wondering what I can expect from this tune other than some horsepower.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Don't know but we will find out tomorrow...

·
Registered
259 Posts
How is that 170 workin for ya? I was thinkin about replacin mine to cause I do alot of inner town driving in a small town of 2300 people, Irun between 220-230 degrees I'm thinkin that this will help me alot.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually i have not seen any improvement over the stock thermostat. The tuner had explained to me that the cooling fans are not set to come on until your car reaches 226 degrees. This pretty much defeats the purpose of having a lower temp thermostat. When he does my tune, he will lower the fans turn on temp to 195 which will greatly improve the performance of the stat. i was always wondering why it didnt do anything different. now i know.

·
Registered
259 Posts
actually i have not seen any improvement over the stock thermostat. The tuner had explained to me that the cooling fans are not set to come on until your car reaches 226 degrees. This pretty much defeats the purpose of having a lower temp thermostat. When he does my tune, he will lower the fans turn on temp to 195 which will greatly improve the performance of the stat. i was always wondering why it didnt do anything different. now i know.
Yea i've heard you can do that too, I guess I may just go that route.......
Thanks!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't forget to let us know about the dyno, I'll be interested to know cause I have done some mods to mine as well and am curious to know what you put out...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i will. I cant wait to see what it does. They test with a Dyno Dynamics dyno. I havnt heard as much about them as the dynojet or mustang dyno. Im curious as to what it says. This will be my first run.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would venture a guess at around 340-345 wheel hp. I also installed a 170 deg. t-stat and used my hptuners and turned the fans on sooner. The car never goes over 205.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts