Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 automatic and an engine pinging problem . I have tried different brands of 93 octane gas from Mobil, Sunoco and Shell. It doesn't make much of a differnece in the hotter months the engine will ping during acceleration. So, I have decided to get the engine dyno tuned next week. The technician indicated that in some cases the car's computer could set the engine at a lower octane rating and the timing would be off. The first owner of the car had it for 3 years and drove it only 1900 miles. I now have 22000 miles (about 6500 miles a year) and at 6 years old it is probably due for a tune. Does anyone have advice or a simliar experience?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 04 stock LS1 with a 6 speed,had it tuned a year ago.It made all the difference in the world in the performance.
The tuner corrected the air fuel mixture and a few other things.The cars stock LS1 produced 325rwhp.I think you will like the results after the tune.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 04 stock LS1 with a 6 speed,had it tuned a year ago.It made all the difference in the world in the performance.
The tuner corrected the air fuel mixture and a few other things.The cars stock LS1 produced 325rwhp.I think you will like the results after the tune.I only use 93 octane.
Ed

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ed I only use 93 Octane also and I am hoping for good results I will let you know I am having it done Thursday

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I believe if the previous owner used lower octane gas then the high and low octane tables will need to be adjusted for your 93. Get a tune :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
a good tuner will scan it first before making changes.

You'll enjoy the car much more after it is tuned. Even more with an automatic :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts