Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever dynoed there car at higher elevation 4000ft or more then dynoing the same car at a lower elevation to see if there is a big difference on a dynojet using sae correction factor. In Texas my car dynoed 440rwhp at 4000ft. elevation with 95 degree intake temps and will be dynoing my car tommorrow in Indiana with a elevation of 700ft. and was wondering what you think my new dyno numbers will be.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car made 450HP and 408TQ SAE numbers! So i made 10HP more at a lower altitude with similar intake temperatures. Not to bad of numbers for an A6 car I am pleased with the results!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Uncorrected, there is roughly a 3% loss in hp for 1000' elevation. Here at 7000', that's about 20%. I figure I have 430 at the crank, so that would = about 350 net--or C5 at sea level, another way of looking at it. :rolleyes: However, increasing air flow and lowering density altitude by cooler, outside only air, helps mitigate a portion of that. All in all, I would estimate that I'm losing 30-40hp, measured at the crank or rw, at this altitude with the mods I've made--that includes the Predator running a leaner AFR. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts