Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner and service writer, our front man at vetteXperts, Tony, went to vegas last week to the sema show. At this show he went back and forth between mustang dyno and dyno jet. After some back and forth he decided that dynojet was the better machine. and it does seem to be quite the nice piece. The model he purchased is 224XLC. it measures up to 2,000hp and 200mph. it is the eddy current model which gives us a major tuning advantage. The ground will be broken inside the shop soon. It arrives in 4 weeks. It will be a small pit. tech has come a long way over the years. this dyno is small.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
gotta give us more details...and pics....

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You must know this is going to be a dyno build thread. lol. The pictures will start when we break the ground inside the shop. I will get to be the only person besides the owner using a brand new eddy current dynojet 224XLC. it comes with winpep8. so I gotta learn that. I am comfortable with winpep7 so i'm sure I will be ok with it. From the time this goes in it becomes my mission to have full time work on that dyno. it is cleaner work. oh this is awesome.

it is this model:
http://www.dynojet.com/products/dynamometers/DynoModel224xLC/dynojet-dynamometer-224xlc.aspx

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man, finally. Dynojet called and said the dyno shipped out yesterday. it is coming on a truck so it will probably take about a week to arrive. Tomorrow the contractor shows up with a jackhammer and starts busting up the floor in the shop to dig the pit. the dyno is going in this bay..

Surely it is going to get messy in the shop. it is a busy holiday for us at vetteXperts, but 2016 is shaping up to be a great year for us.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
might not be a bad idea to frame it out and hang plastic to keep the dust down in the rest of the shop.

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he's the contractor. they are used to building pools, so this whole thing is really small potatoes for them. And they did get it done pretty darn quick. Now if the concrete would just hurry up and finish curing.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I remember the first time I drove to Jacksonville. My image of Florida was Miami Beach all day long. That QUICKLY changed when I stopped at a gas station somewhere outside of Jacksonville and realized that Kentucky ain't got **** on some parts of Florida. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is our pit..

And here is our Dynojet 224xlc..

Here are the rollers..

And here is the eddy current variable load unit..

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Before you all put all that stuff in the pit, you should have a weekend of hot female baby oil wrestling in it first. Run it by the boss for me. :D

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, we are doing this ourselves while we also have to keep churning out the work. I have not had much time for picture taking lately. It has been ruff trying to make a dream happen for us at vetteXperts. Here is the one picture I did take after we dropped the eddy current unit into place and unhooked the strap..

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had to take a break from wiring this thing for this

D Y N O S E L F I E . .

ok, well, dyno install selfie, anyways. the dyno selfies will be flowing all year long, I am sure. Here is the finished, installed, dynojet 224xlc..

Hopefully tomorrow I will make the first pull with it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts