Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You ham! Takes one to know one! :D

Hey, where are all the chain down points?

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

Hey, where are all the chain down points?
don't worry about those pesky things. cars have front brakes for a reason.....

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
don't worry about those pesky things. cars have front brakes for a reason.....
And the dyno came with 4 wheel chocks. lol. I have to drill a bunch of holes in the concrete tomorrow morning for the ground hooks. I also still have to actually install winpep8 and dyno software on the shop pc. And then there is a check list and calibration procedure before any pulls can be made. Don't let those sandals at the start of all this throw you off, We are being very meticulous about getting this setup. We are expecting to get years of trouble free use out of this piece of equipment.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I am so happy right now, junk. I have struggled and fought and worked my whole career trying to get here. I am 39 and absolutely terrified of the coming time when my body begins to slow down. Tuning will ensure I stay relevant in this industry into my 50's.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I am so happy right now, junk. I have struggled and fought and worked my whole career trying to get here. I am 39 and absolutely terrified of the coming time when my body begins to slow down. Tuning will ensure I stay relevant in this industry into my 50's.
Good luck man. I want for my shop to be running well enough with the right people in place that I can not work in the shop or even step back if I choose within 10 years.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Your body slowing down ain't the bad part. It's the old man gas and the farts becoming sharts that make getting old suck. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
dyno is up and running. Junk, here is how I lock cars down for dyno tuning..

6 straps, 4 wheel chocks in the arrangement dynojet recommends.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I like that setup WAY better than the ones that set off the ground. I'm always worried that the car is going to go sideways and cause a **** load of damage! :thud:

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I know portable dyno's are big business so it is just my opinion but I believe that rollers belong in the ground. it is so much safer when things go wrong.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You didn't do it right. Nothing blew up and people weren't standing dangerously close to the car during the pull. See my previous video for reference. :D

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
21 - 40 of 45 Posts