Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a cheap(er) muffler just for right now, for the reason of money, and time... i want to have the car running soon(engine rebuild in process) and i just wanted a fairly nice muffler for temporary use. i was thinking about ordering the thrush turbo muffler but i was wondering if any of you have dynomax exhaust systems and how yu liked it. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alrighty, thanks! do you recommend another brand? i am thinkin about later down the road putting in a flowmaster or magnaflow system, but the priority right now is just making it driveable. but of course, i do want my freshly rebuilt engine to sound beastly.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
i need a cheap(er) muffler just for right now, for the reason of money, and time... i want to have the car running soon(engine rebuild in process) and i just wanted a fairly nice muffler for temporary use. i was thinking about ordering the thrush turbo muffler but i was wondering if any of you have dynomax exhaust systems and how yu liked it. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Stock front pipes, hi-flow cat, Dyno-Max Turbos
They sound like a stock muffler, no good. I'm
taking them off shortly and installing hooker headers
and side pipes. Picked them up on Craigslist for
$300.00, including shipping. I hope they make some
noise.
Nice looking ride you've got there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha. thats not my car. my car isnt in good shape right now, just finished stripping all the chipped 15 year old paint. but that is what i want it to look like. oh and my car is the right year that i no longer have to put in any smog. so im thinking about full length headers, true dual exhaust, but i need help on the mufflers. at least for now.

·
Registered
972 Posts
alrighty, thanks! do you recommend another brand? i am thinkin about later down the road putting in a flowmaster or magnaflow system, but the priority right now is just making it driveable. but of course, i do want my freshly rebuilt engine to sound beastly.
Magnaflow system is great. sound is excellent

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but for the magnaflow system, all i could find was a price for the whole exhaust system. i just need the mufflers, i am planning on taking it to one of the local exhaust shops to get the actual pipe made and welded there, it would be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have the Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, and they sound awesome! Quiet at freeway speeds, (until you open it up), nice low rumbling idle that is guaranteed to set off alarms in parking garages, and virtually no back pressure when you get into it, (by design).

I always get compliments on the sound. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I have the Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, and they sound awesome! Quiet at freeway speeds, (until you open it up), nice low rumbling idle that is guaranteed to set off alarms in parking garages, and virtually no back pressure when you get into it, (by design).

I always get compliments on the sound. :thumbsup:
:agree::agree: I have the same always having people ask what they are ( mine are the polished SS)

If you are running a hi flow cat those sometimes act more like a muffler than the mufflers BTW

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
:agree::agree: I have the same always having people ask what they are ( mine are the polished SS)

If you are running a hi flow cat those sometimes act more like a muffler than the mufflers BTW
High flow cat is a must have! Major power boost over stock!!:thumbsup:

Where did you get you Super Turbos in polished SS and how much? (I didn't know you could get them in SS).

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have super turbos as well, doesnt sound anything like factory, they are not loud to be sure, certainly nothing like flowmaster loud yet they flow better than so-called flowmasters.

As far as affordable mufflers go, nothing is better IMO

·
Registered
1 Posts
engines

rebuilt engines
Posted by speedoreThese engines make their power off of compression not boost like the newer diesels. So without a reflash you wont be able to go over 9psi without defueling. With a reflash you could go up to 15. So, best bets, your given gauge setup, full exhaust, turbo master, fuel mods, then a chip. If you want to get fancier go with a less restrictive turbo and install an intercooler. These trucks wont be able to pull mountains like the new ones can. But you will be surprised on how these mods wake up a stock 6.5.
Where can I get a salvage one cheap?

·
Registered
101 Posts
mufflers

magna flow do stainless mufflers 5 inch diameter round.i got mine from jegs.dont know what they sound like yet building the system at the moment

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have flowmaster 44s with a X pipe and 3 inch exgaust. I am running a LS1 engine though. feel free to click on the vidios on my signature to hear what it sounds like. yours will probably be a little bit deeper sound with the iron block

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I had Flowmaster 44's-hated the resonance in the cabin. Gave me headaches. :down: My Hookers with STS baffles are quieter than the Flowmasters 2 chambers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts