Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully somebody has had a similar problem and could offer me some advice.
OK i had bid on a 25th anniversary emblem for my fuel door,i had the winning bid $26.00 good deal i thought,anyway the part arrives in good shape in the GM box (NOS)part,but it was for the front,wont work on the fuel door. So i try E-mailing the seller and no response,i go on to e-bay and they sent me to pay-pal thats how i paid for the part,they had me fill out a form,they would forward it on to the seller to resolve the problem,still no response :thud: . All i want to do is trade the seller for the correct one if he has it,or refund my money.
So talk to me,am i up sh^& creek, or is there hope.:WTF
any help would be great,this is the first time i have used e-bay and i am not to thrilled with it.
thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Log into your e-bay. Click on security and resolution link all the way bottom left. Follow the instructions.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. still on vacation?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny, A seller sent me the fuel door emblem instead of the front emblem. they need to be edegmacated.
Yes they need some serious edgeumacation :laughing: do you still have the fuel door emblem? want to trade?

Jeff,followed your path,that was the same one i used saturday,and it re-directs me to pay-pal for help in setteling the prob. oh well maybe i better send them another e-mail,probably wont help im thinking that i might be stuck with it,i would use it but i have already replaced the front one,hey just had a thought I could put 2 on the front :rolling: :rolling:

Kevin

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just noticed your vette is a 73 damn.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Might wanna try the "live help". I finally got my problem fixed with them listing me as a SELLER (really ticked off). Also if you get something from e-bay in your mailbox, be sure and not respond to none of it. (could be PHISHING your Mailbox)...........Go to My E-bay and if it is in your messages there then, it is real mail. And beware of those "second chance" offers also. It it also is not in your E-bay (my e-bay mailbox), then just another azzhole trying to hook by PHISHING(stealing your identity. And download the E-bay toolbar and the other thing on the list to protect your identity. Been there, pain in the BUTT! to get resolved. :thud:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am curious what the part number is on the box. Posibility it may have been boxed wrong. And sometimes some sellers have no idea what they are selling. They guess. I had a problem with the side flag emblems. They were for the fron't nose. If you have the part number I can look it up

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
With the 79 I gold plated them and used a tootpic and enamel paint to repaint them. A trick a woman taught me. Once it gases out redo it. May have to change the angle of the flag emblem horizontally and paint it again, because the flags are not flat. They look like new ones. I am stuck unfortunuttlee with the aluminum bustin threw duh damned chrome on the gas door cover flag. And of course it had to be the most expensive one to replace. I done figured out like the other guy here mentioned about the E-bay vendors. I remember a conversation I had on the net from a woman who worked for such vendors. They have two shifts. Night and Day. And I guess sometimes they get the night shift :rolling: mixed up with the day shift :D The Gotter Done side. Ya just might end up with thayt misorder. Never happened to me yet and I have bought much their. Like the new brake handle I bought. It was a "STRAIGHT UP" seller. As advertized. From Roger Dean Chevy in Fla. The GM number right there on top the box with the paper work in the box. That and the mini starter and the billet mirror (pick thang she is)about puttin make up on I guess. Oh well. Cost more than most of the other parts. Don't you just love these "HIGH MAINTENANCE" C3's. If they are in the desert and there is a half price sale before they find water, they will go there instead... Just jokin. But I know me and I am always trying to find "Quality" at an affordable price. There is Dr Rebuild also, that you might like. I like this guy alot. Wish he had a paypal account though. I am not gonna NCRS the Car so why go through the expense. I have my reasons. Not like yours if it is a Collectors Edition, then it is good to try to get the right things on there and it is a chore in itself when you have other obligations.
Gettin back to E-bay, it is a tricky place to buy Read the feedback FIRST. They say 97 percent and below do not buy. I say BULLSHIT! (sorry) but I have bought from many that were less. And the shipping was fast and accurate as displayed. The worst thing you can do is hold a Sellers money. They are running a buisiness and do not have time for non payers. That is why I like Paypal. They get the money and you get the product. Not only that you are insured up to 20 G with E-bay for BOGUS ITEMS. I know there are alot of ?junable people trying to stiff us but I go there when I cannot find item I need or the vendor I normally deal with outside of E-bay is too costly with the shipping. It is the shipping you must look at next after the feedback. I had one problem with a seller after that and I decided, Hell, it is not worth it for the little bit of money I spent. I sent positive feedback and the next day the guy or gal was listed as a invalid seller. E-bay caught them by the shirt after that message. Have not e-mailed you guys in a while, but it hit a nerve real bad when I saw ya strugglin with that part. And that door lid flag is a very perty flag to say the least. /Straight Up. And I hope E-bay never goes away. There are still TIGHTWADS ike myself around. :cheers:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hopefully somebody has had a similar problem and could offer me some advice.
OK i had bid on a 25th anniversary emblem for my fuel door,i had the winning bid $26.00 good deal i thought,anyway the part arrives in good shape in the GM box (NOS)part,but it was for the front,wont work on the fuel door. So i try E-mailing the seller and no response,i go on to e-bay and they sent me to pay-pal thats how i paid for the part,they had me fill out a form,they would forward it on to the seller to resolve the problem,still no response :thud: . All i want to do is trade the seller for the correct one if he has it,or refund my money.
So talk to me,am i up sh^& creek, or is there hope.:WTF
any help would be great,this is the first time i have used e-bay and i am not to thrilled with it.
thanks
Kevin
If you are set up for pay pal to charge your credit card, give pay pal some time, then stop payment on the card.
I did this and recieved a nasty note from pay pal informing me that I should go through them first. After forwarding my numerous e mails to them, they didn't even respond. But, no reprocussions, pay pal still works.
This is why I resisted upgrading my account where they would take the money from my bank.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Yep. Going to Carlsbad Caverns tomarrow.:thumbsup:

DUDE, Carlsbad is seriously NEAT....have fun....and don't forget to ask the park rangers how they know the cave is clear when they close for the day....

serious....:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Gawd. Carlsbad NM. I went there as a child with Mom, Dad and lil Bro and granny. I remember the cold cut sandwees. I was like totally hungry after being in that 57 CHEVY! Have fun, that was a dear place growing up. Much fun. My cuzzin (Undercover narcotics agent) built a home there. Fortunately I got him to leave that life. Good for him. Glad he is gone to a safer place. I loved that place though. For me it woulda worked out but for him......NATTA. It is a very nice place and few get to go there and especially in a Super Chevy,,,,,57 Chevy, my FIRST RIDE. Have fun, it is worth the drive. :spanked: :D

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am curious what the part number is on the box. Posibility it may have been boxed wrong. And sometimes some sellers have no idea what they are selling. They guess. I had a problem with the side flag emblems. They were for the fron't nose. If you have the part number I can look it up
part # on the box is 472717. the part is very nice,i would have used but i had already replaced the front emblem.

I have made a claim with pay-pal 4-5 days ago,have e-mailed the seller numerous times even found where the seller had the rear one i need for sale last night,it has 2 days left on it,so i used the "contact the seller" i told him that is the one i need would like to trade you,told him who i am again and what was wrong,still no return message from him.
i don't no guess i will wait a couple more days,then have pay-pal elevate the claim and let them resolve the prob.
But if anybody needs a front 25th anniversary emblem i have one for sale.

·
Registered
879 Posts
E-bay is always a gamble. Although I still occasionally shop there, I do so with extreme caution and prejudice. A lot of bad sellers hide behind the anonymity and long distance transactions that the internet provides. Those situations can be tiresome to rectify, which is something else that the bad ones count on, they hope that you will eventually get tired and just go away. It makes it hard for the decent buyers and sellers on E-bay to do business.
I once bid on and won a pair of "Sheepskin Seat Covers" for a 1978-82 Corvette. What arrived was a pair of acrylic loop simulated wool seat covers, not Sheepskin. I complained through the appropraite channels and was given a crap load of excuses by the seller. The simple fact was that the item was misrepresented. They should have been listed as "Imitation or Simulated Sheepskin" or something to indicate that they were not real Sheepskin.
anyone wanna buy a pair of "Simulated Imitation Sheepskin" seat covers (Black) for cheap?

Now on the other hand, I bought a beautiful aluminum radiator on E-bay last week for $180.00 and the transaction went smoothly!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just went back on e-bay to check this person out,seller is from hicksville ny
has been selling on e-bay for 7 years,430 responses,good reputation. either way went back to pay-pal and escalated the problem to a claim,tired of writing e-mails going to let pay-pal settle it.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
With the 79 I gold plated them and used a tootpic and enamel paint to repaint them. A trick a woman taught me. Once it gases out redo it. May have to change the angle of the flag emblem horizontally and paint it again, because the flags are not flat. They look like new ones. I am stuck unfortunuttlee with the aluminum bustin threw duh damned chrome on the gas door cover flag. And of course it had to be the most expensive one to replace. I done figured out like the other guy here mentioned about the E-bay vendors. I remember a conversation I had on the net from a woman who worked for such vendors. They have two shifts. Night and Day. And I guess sometimes they get the night shift :rolling: mixed up with the day shift :D The Gotter Done side. Ya just might end up with thayt misorder. Never happened to me yet and I have bought much their. Like the new brake handle I bought. It was a "STRAIGHT UP" seller. As advertized. From Roger Dean Chevy in Fla. The GM number right there on top the box with the paper work in the box. That and the mini starter and the billet mirror (pick thang she is)about puttin make up on I guess. Oh well. Cost more than most of the other parts. Don't you just love these "HIGH MAINTENANCE" C3's. If they are in the desert and there is a half price sale before they find water, they will go there instead... Just jokin. But I know me and I am always trying to find "Quality" at an affordable price. There is Dr Rebuild also, that you might like. I like this guy alot. Wish he had a paypal account though. I am not gonna NCRS the Car so why go through the expense. I have my reasons. Not like yours if it is a Collectors Edition, then it is good to try to get the right things on there and it is a chore in itself when you have other obligations.
Gettin back to E-bay, it is a tricky place to buy Read the feedback FIRST. They say 97 percent and below do not buy. I say BULLSHIT! (sorry) but I have bought from many that were less. And the shipping was fast and accurate as displayed. The worst thing you can do is hold a Sellers money. They are running a buisiness and do not have time for non payers. That is why I like Paypal. They get the money and you get the product. Not only that you are insured up to 20 G with E-bay for BOGUS ITEMS. I know there are alot of ?junable people trying to stiff us but I go there when I cannot find item I need or the vendor I normally deal with outside of E-bay is too costly with the shipping. It is the shipping you must look at next after the feedback. I had one problem with a seller after that and I decided, Hell, it is not worth it for the little bit of money I spent. I sent positive feedback and the next day the guy or gal was listed as a invalid seller. E-bay caught them by the shirt after that message. Have not e-mailed you guys in a while, but it hit a nerve real bad when I saw ya strugglin with that part. And that door lid flag is a very perty flag to say the least. /Straight Up. And I hope E-bay never goes away. There are still TIGHTWADS ike myself around. :cheers:
Ummm.... huh? :huh:

:laughing:​

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well after sending numerous e-mails and then getting pay-pal involved,the seller finally contacted me and asked me send it back and he will send me the correct emblem. received an e-mail that the seller has mailed it and i should receive the emblem in 2-5 days,i hope the seller got it right this time,put the wrong emblem in the mail yesterday. Should i ask to be repayed for my shipping cost only after i receive the part and it is correct and in good shape? or should i just let it go :huh:
I don't know but for my first e-bay transaction i'm not sure if i will ever do it again. :thud:

Thanks for everybodys support and suggestions,will update when the part get's here.

Kevin

·
Registered
879 Posts
Let the shipping charges go, they won't reimburse you for them anyway. It is the cost of doing business through the mail.
Many people feel the same as you about E-bay.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts