Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the other thread about the lousey looks and EXPENSE of replacement center gauge clusters, I have been putting off any tunes in my car due to just not deciding what I want....in that over the years my cars have been 'hit' many times from everything from Tachs, back WHEN, to just CD's on the last go round, the factor radio having had a switch in it to plug in a portable CD player....back in the late 80's what that crap was NEW....

I am looking and waiting for sound sources to come down some more, and wanting to put in a simple controll panel that can't be stolen too easy, preferable not visible at all, really, fill the void from factory radio, and allow a hidden input of some sort.....

I can't seem to wrap my mind around just HOW to get this accomplished without making the car a TARGET.....

plus the factor of the stock gauge cluster never did EVER line up right, the driver's top edge allways hung LO, compared to the pass side, this with a NEW bezel too...

looking for solutions your have done, guys....thanks....pix welcome....

:WTF :spanked: :spanked: :cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
hmmm.

well i dont actually have any input. i have an 82 and when i bought it 5 yrs ago the radio had been stolen and the center gauge cluster was broken on bottom, i agree that i didnt want to pay a couple hundred for a peice that didnt sit well, and thought something custom or different would be ideal.hoping for some neat input from others.
by the way your ride looks wicked:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i dont actually have any input. i have an 82 and when i bought it 5 yrs ago the radio had been stolen and the center gauge cluster was broken on bottom, i agree that i didnt want to pay a couple hundred for a peice that didnt sit well, and thought something custom or different would be ideal.hoping for some neat input from others.
by the way your ride looks wicked:thumbsup:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Thanks man, the only decent part of it looking good these daze is that ten year old paint job done by the airbrush artist/friend down the street, the photographs LIE like whore in the bed....

the paint is 20 years old, the gray on the fenders is a patch over from hitting a deer some 9 years ago, finally got into redoing the headlights, and so it's a patch after last august when a verizon truck backed into me....just when I finally had the paint about 1/2 assed right....

so let the pix lie, but I tell the truth as I see it.....ask TimAT....he seen it....

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
If you had a ROOF on your car, it's be more difficult to steal the radio, AND you would'nt get a wet azz when it rains...:rolling:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts