Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen/bought that custom gas cap from East Coast Corvettes? The pop top one? I'm thinking of getting it for my '02 Z06. I'm not sure if I'm real crazy about the "carbon fiber" adapter ring, but I kinda like the pop top. This is my first Vette after a 12-year Mustang infatuation and I wanna do it right, you know what I mean? I'm new to this forum, so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Cool but expensive.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Has anyone seen/bought that custom gas cap from East Coast Corvettes? The pop top one? I'm thinking of getting it for my '02 Z06. I'm not sure if I'm real crazy about the "carbon fiber" adapter ring, but I kinda like the pop top. This is my first Vette after a 12-year Mustang infatuation and I wanna do it right, you know what I mean? I'm new to this forum, so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.
Got a link? I can't find it.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Not that bad looking but every kid (of any age) will pop that thing open when they go by

·
Registered
88 Posts
The cap itself is really, really, really nice (excluding the carbon fiber suround). It depends on the car it is on wether it compliments it or not. That cap, or something very similar to that one, came stock on my viper. It looks awsome on it. It also looks very cool on one of those 60's shelby cobras or even on a chrome bumper C3. However on a C5 it looks very out place. I would not put one on my C5.

Disclaimer from disclaiment: My opinion ain't worth a snot.

:cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for not putting a link in there...but yeah, that's it. I changed my mind on it. The idea is kinda novel, but some very good points raised here, i.e., kids, rice, etc. I'm also gonna cancel my order for the three-foot tall adjustable, double-stack aluminum wing, as well as the triple blade, hot pink wipers...kidding! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry for not putting a link in there...but yeah, that's it. I changed my mind on it. The idea is kinda novel, but some very good points raised here, i.e., kids, rice, etc. I'm also gonna cancel my order for the three-foot tall adjustable, double-stack aluminum wing, as well as the triple blade, hot pink wipers...kidding! Thanks for the advice!
I would follow through on the three bladed hot pink wipers. Youd be killer for any rice-off at any local rice-a-thon event.

Rice on baby.

^^^
I know. My above coment is kind of lame, but it's free ladies and sperms. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The hardest part of my build-up was cutting off the stock pipes and zip-tying the coffee can-size exhaust tips and getting it all to somewhat fit in the stock exhaust location. Sooooo........I just opened up the rear facia with a sawz-all and now it coming straight out the back, Shelby style. I get heads a turnin' wherever I go! :thumbsup:

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
How about some pics of your vette? That way we can better judge if the gas cap would look good with what you've done so far.
PICS PLEASE.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure. I need some help with that, though. I don't know how to get them from the "My Pictures" to here. Maybe someone could walk me through it. Sorry for being a little behind the times, but I was a Ford guy for fifteen years before crossing over and seeing the light. You know how us Ford-turned-Chevy guys can be.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts