Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curosity, is it easy to retrofit a US vehicle with the Canadian Daylight Running Lights option (first offered with the '90 model)?

My understanding is that the fog lamps act as Daylight Running Lamps in the Canadian edition, and come on automatically when driven during the day, and turn off automatically when the headlights are switched on. Naturally, the fog lamps can be manually switched on when the headlights are on...

Would it be as simple as obtaining the DRL module and mounting it in the dash (or is the wiring harness completely different)?

Just wondering if anyone knew...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess this feature is not quite what I expected it to be.
Just read the shop manual description...

"during daylight hours, the drl module turns on the front turn signal lamps if 1) the ignition is on, 2) the headlamps are off and 3) if the par brake is off. As darkness approaches, the DRL module will turn off the front turn signal lamps and turn on the park lamps and headlamps."

I thought it turned on the fog lamps, not the turn signal lamps.
Don't want the system to control the flipping of the headlamps.

Nevermind...

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
I wanted to do something similar, as I drive on the highway a lot and want the additional visibility.

But, I just wanted the lower white lights to come on. But, I couldn't find a kit, nor had the guts to do my own version.

To bad, I think a kit would be a real hit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts