Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see these auctions all the time for AFS and like wheels, are they decent wheel? Or are they junk which will flake and peel within a year? I would like a set of ZR-1 or the 2k Chromes, but I don't want to spend $800 on pure junk.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Vette_Newb said:
I see these auctions all the time for AFS and like wheels, are they decent wheel? Or are they junk which will flake and peel within a year? I would like a set of ZR-1 or the 2k Chromes, but I don't want to spend $800 on pure junk.
Seems most order from them. Occasionally wheels aren't perfect and I heard they replace them with no problems unless they had tires mounted.

I have not heard about flaking or peeling with the AFS wheels .... but my factory wheels are doing just that!

There are a bunch of other places that carry them at a slightly better price. Check for price AND reputation.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I bought mine from a company that sells on E-Bay. I was lucky enough that they are somewhat local to me so I drove there and picked out my wheels.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
raidmagic said:
I bought mine from a company that sells on E-Bay. I was lucky enough that they are somewhat local to me so I drove there and picked out my wheels.
Was it these guys?

O. E. WHEEL DISTRIBUTORS, LLC.
SARASOTA, FL.

That's the ones I am considering.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That's them. I had a great experince with them. They run it out of a storage shop behind a carpet store. Kinda shady looking but I guess that's how they keep overhead down. If you need any help with them I'd be happy to assist.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes me feel alot better, some of thier feedback is unnerving lol. But they have alot more praise than complaints. Now I just gotta decide between the ZR1's and the chrome 2k's. Both of them look so good on the C4's.

:)

ty for all the replys.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I went with the ZR-1's in polished aluminum. I never read there feedback I just called them on the phone and dealt with them that way. Good luck

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
<--- AFS wheels. The set I purchased was great. I would buy more from them to be sure.

·
DC Ambassador / Netherlands
365 Posts
I too was looking for wheels on eBay, and to find out what shipping for 4 rims would be to me in Holland.
And I found these, just what I like, 17"x9.5 so I can use my new 275/40-17" tires on them.

and then, just my luck, they will not ship to europe at this time :(
but don't you think they would look great on my white 88 conv. ?

Greetz, Pim

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Roadrunr said:
just my luck, they will not ship to europe at this time :(
but don't you think they would look great on my white 88 conv. ?

Greetz, Pim
Man, that does suck. Those would look really good on that car.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Those would look great.
Why won't they shop them to you. Do you have anyone over here that could get them then send them to you?

·
365 Posts
I don't know why they will not ship outside the USA, when I go look on the official site there is a $265 differance in price. on eBay $685.00 on the site $950.00
I even asked them today if they would ship to me in The Netherlands (Europe) in the near future, but there answer was,

"No, sorry we do not ship our eBay items internationally and do not have any plans on doing so in the near future."

I realy do not understand why :huh:

I do not know anyone in the US that could ship them for me. I don't even know what shipping would be for 4 of them wheels.

Greetz, Pim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I got my wheels from AFS, at retail, from their site. The service WAS GREAT, and the wheels are awesome... Well, except for the warped rim, and out of round front tire I got... I'm not sure if you've seen my (LONG) thread on the other forum about this, but it's worth checking out. In the end, it appears AFS is taking care of this problem 100%, and is even doing it "out of warranty" period, even though I only have a couple hundred miles on them. It took a while, but they are :excited:

Well either way, I think I'd still recommend AFS, but I'd also recommend having someone check out the balancing before you put them on, just to be safe :cheers:

·
365 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I found a seller that ships to me in Holland :D

So I just got me 4 17"x9.5" wheels for my baby :laughing:

Can't wait to see them on my vette.

Only thing I need now is some black centercaps, but thats not a problem.

Greetz, Pim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts