Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally putting the LS6 pull out into my '70 convertible this week, but I'm not sure yet what I need to do with getting the computer re-flashed. Is there a thread on here that someone can point me toward with some good tips and recommendation(s) for places that can do it? The car is in southern Illinois, but if I have to mail it off to get the work done, that's no problem.

Thanks

-Eli

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry, I haven't been watching your thread (if there is one). But why do you need to reflash your ECU?

Are you doing Speed density or MAF?
Custom standalone?
Do you have to worry about smog? (I'm in CA, so I would have too).
Are you running 2 sets of O2 sensors (for CATS)?

The reason I am asking, is there is a guy that will actually turn your one ECU into a dual ECU system! That way, all you have to do is flip a switch to go from one tune to another.
I'm thinking of going this route only because I am in CA and will need a "stock/smoggable" tune every two years, and one for "max performance" with my cam and possibly E85 tune.

BUT, all things considered I really like HP tuners, myself! The mail order tunes will get your car to a tuner...but leave a lot to be desired past that.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I did go with HP Tuners myself. You can do anything with it and the support forum is good.

I still didn't find time to play with mine and read the book though

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, sorry to have asked the question and then bailed on the thread. Been traveling a lot the past couple weeks. Anyway, I worked it out and sent the PCU & harness up to Josh Powers at Custom Image Corvettes to get it straightened out. I read a lot of good things about him, and he was good to talk with on the phone; so I'm hopeful that this is going to go smoothly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It happens, life gets in the way!

So, out of my own curiousity, what are you having done?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts