Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine just bought a Bking 1300. Before today, I had never heard of one but, then again, I am admittedly not up on bikes. He advised that it is a "Naked Hayabusa". He is well aware of what my car is capable of and I know he can ride the bejesus out of anything on two wheels (he is friggen insane). Nothing like a 265 lb guy on a bike going 200 mph. He is afraid of nothing. So anyway, his brother "brokers" a meeting. Me vs him on the bike. When it happens, I will advise. With my schedule, it will be tough to coordinate but I expect it to occur before Halloween. I may have just arranged for my first official ass kicking............

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Wow that will be interesting. I have a busa. But its a beast accelerates like nothing else, ive been riding for 20 years and can handle it better than most can walk. These bikes can easily run 9's and top out at close to 190-200mph with the right mods.His is naked it has no body work this can actually hurt him because the busa body was built in a wind tunnel testing as we all know the top end like this needs perfect aerodynamics. Now i have a friend has a turbo on his and he is putting down close to 500hp (nuts) his theoretically will do 240 mph on a closed course given a few miles and the right settings. Oh yeah and alot of balls.:D But thats a different bike, the only thing the bking has is the busa motor.
I think you will beat the bking, i spoke with a buddy he said they are limited to 160mph or so. Again the aero's of it will hinder him. Be safe and have fun. Your car should give him a lot to handle.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
A quick search showed the Bking being set up and gear'd more for low end and 1/4 mile racing. It doesn't have quite the top end as a Busa. I believe it's still trapping 140+/- mph though.

*disclaimer* As little as you admit to knowing about bikes, I know even less. This info was just off a quick Google search.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Wow that will be interesting. I have a busa. But its a beast accelerates like nothing else, ive been riding for 20 years and can handle it better than most can walk. These bikes can easily run 9's and top out at close to 190-200mph with the right mods.His is naked it has no body work this can actually hurt him because the busa body was built in a wind tunnel testing as we all know the top end like this needs perfect aerodynamics. Now i have a friend has a turbo on his and he is putting down close to 500hp (nuts) his theoretically will do 240 mph on a closed course given a few miles and the right settings. Oh yeah and alot of balls.:D But thats a different bike, the only thing the bking has is the busa motor.
I think you will beat the bking, i spoke with a buddy he said they are limited to 160mph or so. Again the aero's of it will hinder him. Be safe and have fun. Your car should give him a lot to handle.
I have a 03 Turbo/Nitrous Hayabusa and I have been riding for 30yr and Racing competively for the past 18 yrs. The Bking is a great naked street bike that has a“Detuned” Hayabusa motor with ur mods u should be able to keep him at bay....Especially with the fact he is 265lbs. Weight and Aerodynamics play a significant role

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke to owner of bike yesterday afternoon. Bike is not even broken in yet and he has had it WOT top of 5th gear. Phucking insane. He told me he was looking forward to delivering an ass kicking - we discussed next week and ended the call. His brother (who has been for a couple of rides while we raced a 1000cc bike) is laying $$ on me. Then, he gave his brother the link to the youtube video. I received a text later - the bike owner is now not as confident as he once was.

He has a tank cam, his other brother will be on a GXSR 1000 wired for video. I will have at least one camera on the car. It's coming..............

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know this kid that has a 7xx-8xx whp 04 cobra... I believe he just can beat 1000s ...

if this guys got gears on the bike ... fugheddboutit thing will do like 8 second qtr miles lol

I had a 636cc with gears, power commander, exhaust, -1, +2 gears and 520 chain and my estimated track time would have been a 10ish sec qtr mile... never got a chance to track it before i sold it

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing yet. Work schedules + inclement weather not conducive to setting up "showdown at the OK corral".

I am hoping for roll race this Saturday afternoon on an interstate near you.................. If it has to be from a dig, I need lots of room as I think I will be toast until we hit 80 or so.

Do you have any MS109?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Details, details.. Thats why he's the lawyer and I'm not. :laughing:
With your reading comprehension skills, I am damn glad you don't need to read the instructions to install a blower. :nuts:

So far, nothing. Heading to office now to work on a Guardian ad Litem report (yes, I am the court appointed savior of children) and hopefully I can get him to come out and play on the return trip..........

If not, weather is supposed to be nice all week.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Take Tuesday off and come run thunderbolt with us.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take Tuesday off and come run thunderbolt with us.:thumbsup:
Would love to but I have court appearances all day in Ocean County. I need more lead time and I can be there. I have tires for it now (Toyo R888) so I am up for some fun.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Would love to but I have court appearances all day in Ocean County. I need more lead time and I can be there. I have tires for it now (Toyo R888) so I am up for some fun.

with your power toyo's would be a waste on a roadcourse. Hoosier A6 or R6's.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
134 Posts
save your gas...The old power to weight ratio...you will get roasted

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
save your gas...The old power to weight ratio...you will get roasted
That has yet to happen to me with a liter bike. Time will tell when the weather breaks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm curious now. What a buildup! Damn you winter!:laughing:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts