Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old edelbrock performer intake. I would like to identify the specs for it but i cant find the casting number. i know its a performer but i want to know if its an older design or one of the newer ones
thnks
j

·
Registered
552 Posts
Far as I know the performer 2101 has never changed other than the addition of EGR as a seperate part number and recently the fancy EPS coatings.

If you're talking about a performer RPM they're tall enough to easily ID by comparing to internet photos.

If it still doesn't match up maybe it's not a performer, maybe it's an SP-2P

good luck

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I can't remember what year they started, but all new Edelbrock intakes have a "Made In USA" logo on the front close to where Edelbrock is written. Their casting numbers are usually found on the rear of the intake. 2101 is the Performer, 3701 is the Performer EGR, and the new Performer EPS is 2701. Hope that helps and good luck with the search.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That looks to be like an old Performer intake, but as to how old the world will never know. Get her cleaned up and shoot some aluminum color paint on her and she'll look good as new. Least it's not an EGR intake:thumbsup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
The "made in the usa" intakes are the old intakes with a made in the USA badge glued on. Kinda like an engine rebuilder's tag. Hard to tell from the photos but if you don't have egr it's a 2101. The number is on the bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts