Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
im glad you posted this. i was wondering if it would even fit under a stock hood.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just had my engine built from a good racing shop and they said the money would be better off spending it somewhere else. saying it was not a big difference.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I think on the right engine that intake would make a difference. Ideally an aluminum head engine where you can really separate the engine heat from the air charge, and in a situation where the air intake is drawn from a cool source like cowl induction or a scoop.

Honestly the best part about the Air Gap is that you can run vacuum lines or wiring under the runners to help clean things up.

I seem to remember that with the right carb and air cleaner the Air Gap would fit just fine under a stock hood. I don't think it's that much taller than a standard Performer.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Any time you seperate the air charge from the heat of the engine you will have improvment. It just depends at what stage of your horse power increase you are in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I replaced my Performer EPS with an Air Gap. It is much better with great mid range response and more low end torque. It was worth the money and hour it took to install. It does clear the stock hood, it's close but clears with a Holley 770 carb and GM performance drop base 14" air cleaner with a 3" K&N element.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts