Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im about to buy a new motor for my 72 vette from the link below.

http://www.ultrastreet.net/engines/427_realstreet.asp

they have a few carb options as per the list below.

Carburetor options

Edelbrock 825 CFM Carb Package w/Electric Choke includes: Carb Spacer, Studs & Gaskets. Dyno Tuned and Jetted. Excellent Street Manners With Improved Cold Weather Starting & Increased Fuel Economy. Produces Slightly Less Peak Horsepower. $ 595

QuickFuel 780 CFM Vacuum Secondary Carb Package includes: Carb w/Billet Metering Blocks & Throttle Body, Electric Choke, AN Inlets, Studs & Gaskets. Dyno Tuned, Jetted and Calibrated on your engine. $ 750

QuickFuel 830 CFM Mechanical Secondary Carb Package includes: Carb w/Billet Metering Blocks & Throttle Body, Electric Choke, AN Inlets, Studs & Gaskets. Dyno Tuned, Jetted and Calibrated on your engine. $ 765

QuickFuel 950 CFM Mechanical Secondary Carb Package includes: Carb w/Billet Metering Blocks & Throttle Body, Electric Choke, AN Inlets, Studs & Gaskets. Dyno Tuned, Jetted and Calibrated on your engine. $ 895

I had never heard of quickfuel before so I was thinking the edelbrock as a clear choice but the sales guy at shafiroff really stressed that the quickfuel was a better carb for the small increase in dollars.

any advice guys ???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts