Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
All came from his brain.
No computer.
The Human mind.
An incredible feat. But he knows nothing of the all powerful resources we have today and with him having died before these resources were available it is impossible to know how he would take to them. Whether he would embrace it like me and be empowered or stick with his comfort zone and shut out the new processes and tools as so many have.

Also I bet he would have traded that car and all 4 motors and power adders for a single 10 speed automatic transmission. And if not that then most definitely for a 450LPH turbine fuel pump and some +60lb/hr injectors. Surely he would have preferred to be playing with blowers equipped with heat exchangers that were designed with powerful computers to reduce air friction and have all that boosted goodness without the heat.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Yes, why certainly. Let's just leave sunny Florida and go to the murder capital of America and freeze our asses off while driving over pothole infested, crumbling highways brought about by decades of liberal bullshit. Where the only ones supposed to have guns are the criminals. Gun control my flaming ass. Street racing idiots putting my family's life in danger. Yep, sounds like a real fun place. Wiz and I will move right up there...…...or not.
I never did sleep.
29 years later Gunny.
She Looked me up and found me
Talked to her most of the day.
Chicago ate her up.

I always got all the Crazy ones.

She recalls me taking them out also.

Oh ****.

Told her I married with kids.

Hon ...****.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
And if he was so forward thinking and such a great mechanic and racer and **** why are his balls so close to that diff?! I regret having kids sometimes, too. But that don't mean I'm gonna go racing with 4 blown engines beating on the same diff while I'm dry humping a live grenade down the track.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
And if he was so forward thinking and such a great mechanic and racer and ****. Why are his balls so close to that diff?! I regret having kids sometimes, too. But that don't mean I'm gonna go racing with 4 blown engines beating on the same diff while I'm dry humping a live grenade down the track.
That's funny. LOL, never thought of it that way.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
And if he was so forward thinking and such a great mechanic and racer and **** why are his balls so close to that diff?! I regret having kids sometimes, too. But that don't mean I'm gonna go racing with 4 blown engines beating on the same diff while I'm dry humping a live grenade down the track.
It's 4 wheel drive AWD.

Front engines ran the front wherls.
Rear engines powered the rear wheels.
Military axles. Overdrive units built into the front hubs.
Full Floating axles front and rear.

All the old dragsters were like that.
You sat on the Rear Diff over it.
Driveshaft inches away from Your Balls Cock.

Real Men.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Go figure. Birds of a feather and such.:laughing:
Long story.

She lost most of her memory.
Remembers our time together.
We were kids.

No idea what to do Gunny.
Winging it.
What You & Me do best.

That & set to Kill mode 24/7/365.

Told one of those Pontiac Drag fags to Go **** himself tonight.
Tried to size me up.
His cock fell off.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
They are looking for a manager in a diesel shop local Gunny.
Job has been open for a while.
I never worked as Manager.
But I did run an Auto shop because I was alone after B.J. Left to work in the Nuke power plants here.
Chad the owner was never around.

Did it alone for 2 years 2007-2009.

Have to write a Cover Letter today.

Still can do the Race Car fab Thing with Eddie.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
The transit buses are going electric now

It feels like I won some kind of lottery that every year the industry just takes another step further inside of my comfort zone. :cheers:

All mechanics are on notice! Learn electrical. Get good at it. Make it your bitch. It is the only way you will stay relevant in this trade moving forward.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
They are looking for a manager in a diesel shop local Gunny.
Job has been open for a while.
I never worked as Manager.
But I did run an Auto shop because I was alone after B.J. Left to work in the Nuke power plants here.
Chad the owner was never around.

Did it alone for 2 years 2007-2009.

Have to write a Cover Letter today.

Still can do the Race Car fab Thing with Eddie.
I think you need better people skills before you can be serious about a position in management. Managers don't work by themselves and are expected to keep a shop profitable and everybody in it happy. I think for you to apply as a manager is a setup for failure. And I am not trying to be mean. The language you use here and on facebook will only serve to chase away both techs and customers.

You should definitely spend as much time around that man Ed as you possibly can in hopes some of his skills might rub off on you. He is gifted at what he does. Been doing it for a long time and it shows in every picture you post of his work.

·
Registered
929 Posts

Another one to think about Wiz.We have em here picking up our dumpsters,Im sure ya have em in Fl also. I worked for 1 of their competitors for a bit "Atlantic disposal" but I moved on to another trucking Co. "National Freight" no magots !!!

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts

Another one to think about Wiz.We have em here picking up our dumpsters,Im sure ya have em in Fl also. I worked for 1 of their competitors for a bit "Atlantic disposal" but I moved on to another trucking Co. "National Freight" no magots !!!
That makes my skin crawl. We had a guy down here working on one and he made the arms go up and it cut him in half. It was a gruesome and filthy way to go. Different truck but waste management green just the same. It happened back in 2008.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2008-01-04-0801030539-story.html

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Another one to think about Wiz.
There is good money to be had now in recalibrating radars and cameras for newer vehicles. It is near/almost clean work. All it takes is a small fender bender to throw these systems out and force many hours of recalibrating by a professional at a premium. It is not hard to setup to do this. But you will need to network with local body shops to feed you work. Which shouldn't be a problem in any busy town.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I think you need better people skills before you can be serious about a position in management. Managers don't work by themselves and are expected to keep a shop profitable and everybody in it happy. I think for you to apply as a manager is a setup for failure. And I am not trying to be mean. The language you use here and on facebook will only serve to chase away both techs and customers.

You should definitely spend as much time around that man Ed as you possibly can in hopes some of his skills might rub off on you. He is gifted at what he does. Been doing it for a long time and it shows in every picture you post of his work.
Well you do not know Eddie like I do.
He tells everyone to **** off daily.
All except me. He knows I am crazy. Worse than him.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

I used to work on them Nightstalker.
The were Mack RB models.
CH Vision Mack was brand new.
1998-1999. I was 28. Broke into in the diesel world working on Mack Trucks.
Old manager boss brought in a contract to rebuild a fleet of garbage trucks.
Learned alot working on them.
Those ****ing Maggots are Nasty Yes.

Used to tell my boss Jim this Mother ****er stinks like ****.
He would laugh.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

I was chatting with her this morning Gunny.
I started talking Politics.
She hates it.
I told her I am a Rebuplican.
demo her.
She said I will learn change for you because I Love you still.
She was gone in 5 minutes.
LOL.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

They came back yesterday Gunny from Crower.
1 Month later.
Takes a long time.

Done right & I don't think any shop can rebuild proper but Crower because they made them.
Darker because there is light oil sprayed on them.
I have L-19 rod Bolts, never knew that. 7/16" with 1.800" U.H.L.

I checked against the 2 New Ti Rods.
All same exact perfect.
C-C all at 6.9375" - 6-15/16".

They use a Big Block Chevy Wrist Pin at .990.
Stock Pontiac V8 is .980"
Big End is Pontiac V8 specs.

Finally got the invoice charge from Crower.
Paid it off the credit card earlier this morning.
Get the money ahead of time.
True race parts have to have credit card to make order purchase.
Pay it off right away because its in the bank.

So Crower Ti Rods finally ready.
Hooker Super Comp Headers done Jet Hot Ultra High 2500 F Titanium coated.
Have the BHJ Pontiac V8 400-455 Torque Honing plate made and bought put away also here.

Down to Diamond Pistons Now.
What is left to Buy order.
Going to order 10 so I have 2 spares just in case.
Its a race engine build. Spare pistons a good thing to have.

Soon...working & save $$$$.
Have Poncho parts to flip for for $$$$.
All want to go racing again in 2019.
Stuff I will not use can go be sold.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
So Crower Ti Rods finally ready.
Hooker Super Comp Headers done Jet Hot Ultra High 2500 F Titanium coated.
Coatings are nice. But do little for performance. All that happens on the inside. Do those headers have scavenger spikes at the merge point in the collector? Or is there just a spot of turbulence there?

Ti might be a bit much for exhaust. Even just as a coating. All the ARH stuff is just made of stainless steel. So is the Borla stuff.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Coatings are nice. But do little for performance. All that happens on the inside. Do those headers have scavenger spikes at the merge point in the collector? Or is there just a spot of turbulence there?

Ti might be a bit much for exhaust. Even just as a coating. All the ARH stuff is just made of stainless steel. So is the Borla stuff.
Titanium Silver I bought paid for from Jet Hot.
I showed Crazy Eddie.
He said Holy **** that is Nice...I want it too on my headers.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts