Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my EGR Tube (the accordion pipe from the pass ex manifold) and I noticed that the temperature sensor is no where to be found. Where does this plug into? It comes off the Egr tube and plugs into...? Also, I have a small leak from this tube, does this cause the engine to either miss at idle or stall when put into gear? Also do you guys know of any remedies to fix a crack in the accordion part of the pipe? jb weld?...

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
what year?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I was looking at my EGR Tube (the accordion pipe from the pass ex manifold) and I noticed that the temperature sensor is no where to be found. Where does this plug into? It comes off the Egr tube and plugs into...? Also, I have a small leak from this tube, does this cause the engine to either miss at idle or stall when put into gear? Also do you guys know of any remedies to fix a crack in the accordion part of the pipe? jb weld?...

Thanks.
the connector comes off the main electrical trunk probably fell behind the distributor. its a single line weatherpack. The temp sensor is on the top of the tube right next to distributor

The tube just provides exhaust gas from the exhaust to the intake manifold. A crack in the pipe would only cause a hissing like an exhaust leak. a failing EGR valve would cause the miss or poor performance/mileage.

JB weld or the magnum steel stick-- two part mix would work.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how does the sensor connect to the egr tube? It looks like the fitting is welded into the tube and there is this L shaped clip in the center.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts