Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Grey Squirrel
22,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's like she doesn't even know.

DELAWARE COUNTY, Pa. (CBS) — Pennsylvania State Police questioned an 84-year-old female from Wilmington in connection with a wrong-way driving incident on I-95 Thursday afternoon.

Witnesses say she was travelling east in the westbound lanes of Route 322, and then she got on the southbound lanes of I-95 travelling northbound, causing a number of crashes along the way.

:surprised

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-on-video-driving-in-wrong-direction-on-i-95/

· Registered
19,925 Posts
She was absolutely oblivious... must have been bingo night. ;)

· Registered
3,517 Posts
Well atleast she's going somewhere in life :cool:

I can't say that about everybody here @ D.C

People are so critical of others these days :rolleyes:

I send the poor women my Blessin's

Bon

· Registered
12,429 Posts
Can you imagine what would have happened if she had a head on with someone in that lead-sled?

Take the keys away.

· Registered
6,250 Posts
Unfortunately, I have seen too many friends affected by elderly drivers who continued driving past their ability to do so safely.

I understand the tremendous effect this has on an individual - to lose their freedom to operate a motor vehicle. However, the safety of others is just as important.

I am a proponent of periodic retesting of all licensed drivers, with increased frequency after 65/75.

· Employee of the Year
1,182 Posts
My brother worked for an opthalmologist & he told me that there were an amazing number of senior citizens who came in, were told they were blind & drove on back home. It's not a good time to drive between 9:00am & 4:00pm.

· Banned
9,722 Posts
What is wrong with you people??? Don't you realize that these people have risked thier lives for us in wars like the Civil war and WWI? They have paid so much in taxes over thier lifetime that they do own the road and as this woman proved, both sides of the road. You guys have to get used to the idea that life is just like high school.....Seniors rule. Just like when the seniors walked down the hall way in High School it was the freshman and all others duty to stay out of thier way. Same goes for our seniors on the roadways of America. So quit bitching and just get the hell out of thier way. :laughing:

· Registered
7,917 Posts
:lookinup: Jills' Mom is 84 and drives the Freeways in Los Angeles everyday. I wait for the phone call and the video of her..:thud:

· Registered
25,310 Posts
Can you imagine what would have happened if she had a head on with someone in that lead-sled?

Take the keys away.
When I was about 20, I topped a hill on I-45 in Dallas and saw a head-on happen just as you described. Elderly lady northbound in the southbound lane. I got out and saw the results first hand. Let's just say there was no need to take her license away.:surprised

· Registered
440 Posts
Is that poor old coot any worse a driver than the 19 yr.old blonde texting one friend and yapping to the other sitting next to her while looking for her favorite song on the radio.Yeah,I kinda have a soft spot for old folk.When I encounter em while driving I just give em a little more room.

· Registered
6,066 Posts
My Grandmother always worried me; diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and my Mom and Aunt wouldn't stop her from driving. Then she would get the wild hair and want to drive back to Arkansas. Every time Grandma would blow up her engines in Kingman Az. turned out instead of drive she was putting it in 2nd and hauling butt. My pop convinced Chrysler to buy her two new engines but not the 3rd time. My cousins on the reservation got that car.

Then there was the time when I was driving home on a two lane when this elderly woman decided to pass a two trailer semi with me heading in the opposite direction. I decided I was going to brake and head for the shoulder when I saw her left blinker come on and she went for the shoulder. I charlie horsed my buttocks going between that old woman and semi.

· Registered
6,250 Posts
Is that poor old coot any worse a driver than the 19 yr.old blonde texting one friend and yapping to the other sitting next to her while looking for her favorite song on the radio.Yeah,I kinda have a soft spot for old folk.When I encounter em while driving I just give em a little more room.
True.

I lost two friends this year while they were on their motorcycles. One waiting at a light was taken out by an 85 year old driver from behind. The other had a 16 year old girl, who'd been driving just over a week, pull out in front of him from a gas station.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.