Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I wanted a little more sound out of my Z but not all the time so electric cutouts were the way to go. Install wasn't too bad at all and I figure as long as I still had all my fingers after playing with an angle grinder...it was a successful install :laughing:

My welding isn't the best but I figure I'll only get better with practice. I also staggered the cutouts so I didn't have to modify the turndowns so both sides are not completely even but I didn’t really care since I'll never see it. I'll update this thread soon with a Video and ore pics of the exhaust re-installed on the car...for the mean time here are the pics I have of the fabrication process. Sorry about the first one, crappy cell phone pic but I forgot to take pics right out of the box with a good camera.

This is after they were installed onto the Z….

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Oh Man that looks like its going to be a tight fit with installation. Nice work, and good welds.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
after installation please post picture kind of interested to see what they look like installed

·
996 Posts
:devil: :devil: That looks fricken sweet, I never thought of doing that. I cant wait for the vid..

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I updated the original post with these pics as well but this is after reinstalling the exhaust onto the Z....

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! How does it sound!?
Like hell torn open! It makes babies cry and I have proof of that when i was at the mall last weekend...I just started laughing. It sounds like a nascar at WOT and an old school muscle car at idle with the cam I have. I'll be making a video soon once the rain stops here. But I love the sound it makes....It's weird actually, when I close the cutouts my normal "loud" exhaust sounds so quiet that I can't even hear it. :laughing:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Like hell torn open!
That may be the best description of a loud exhaust EVER! :laughing:

I'm jealous, I'd love to have cut-outs. My Stingers are pretty loud/throaty, but occassionally I'd like to be able to set off car alarms. ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used to have electric cutout on my 94 Z28, i used to run headers and the cutout. Was that ever fun.... :) The only problem is that after a few months of use it started to leak and it sounded like crap closed... so i keep it open. :partyon:

I actually made an old lady jump to the bushes when I was at a light waiting for the green light. :rolling:

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to have electric cutout on my 94 Z28, i used to run headers and the cutout. Was that ever fun.... :) The only problem is that after a few months of use it started to leak and it sounded like crap closed... so i keep it open. :partyon:

I actually made an old lady jump to the bushes when I was at a light waiting for the green light. :rolling:
:laughing:

That sounds like my old Z28 as well...I ran open headers on that car all the time and one day as I drove past a couple on the sidewalk next to the street I revved my motor as I passed them. The guy pushed his girlfriend to the ground and jumped on top of her to "save" her I guess.....I was laughing my ass off! :smack

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where did u ever come up with the cut outs???? Very nice indeed.
I've had them on 2 of my cars before but never electric ones...And my Z is so low to the ground that trying to do a manual cutout would not be fun at all so I decided to go with electric ones. I didn't know exactly where or how I was going to install them until I got the package but I'm extremely happy with the outcome. :D

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Stingers are pretty loud/throaty, but occassionally I'd like to be able to set off car alarms. ;)
That is what I'm running as well and I didn't think that they were quiet until I did this install...now I realize that they do lessen the ammount of sound my car produces by quite a bit....

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be making a video this weekend, I tried to last night but my camera broke so I have to wait till the weekend to create one...I can't wait to show you guys how it sounds!

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be making a video this weekend, I tried to last night but my camera broke so I have to wait till the weekend to create one...I can't wait to show you guys how it sounds!
WTF!?! It's been raining like crazy here in the Dallas metroplex....I haven't even been able to take my car out for well over a week now....Lame! I do promise that once I do get the Z out of the garage I will be making a video...Sorry for the delay. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is SICK

Wow great job. Are you going to run the dyno to see the difference? PS:Where do I get a set?:partyon:

·
Registered
258 Posts
WTF!?! It's been raining like crazy here in the Dallas metroplex....I haven't even been able to take my car out for well over a week now....Lame! I do promise that once I do get the Z out of the garage I will be making a video...Sorry for the delay. :thumbsup:
I can't wait to hear it. Don't forget - you promised. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
The cutouts are nice, I have them installed two weeks ago, what great sound they produce, they gave me an extra 24RWHP,enjoy:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts