Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn signal went out OK not problem, the bulb was melted into the housing, OK screw me like that after all it is only a vette. New housing and replaced socket OK no problem.
Look how hot these got

New harness OK fine and dandy.

I have all connections properly done and now I have headlights that don't close. No dash lights, or foglights. If that litttle bulb is a running light I can't get it to come on if my life depended on it.
Turn signal lever is new.
Checked most of the fuses, not all of them, the ones I thought would affect this situation. Can someone please help me, I am just beside myself with this as I have done nothing to cause these problems.
2004 vette coupe

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
sounds like you have a bad ground. I was wondering why it sounds like you really hate your vette....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With all due respect I was simply replacing a bulb and now I have a nightmare, what other cars do you know of that can do this? You're right I haven't got a whole lot of love for it right now. I have had nothing but electrical gremlins with this thing.
The grounds I think were my first set of gremlings, they have all been sanded and cleaned.
sounds like you have a bad ground. I was wondering why it sounds like you really hate your vette....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For all that amount of stuff to go wrong at the same time a little common sense tells you it just might be fuse related and sure enough, after the engine box fuses I checked the passsenger floor board fuses and that's where it was. We're all good to go now, thanks for all the input.
:cheers:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Glad to hear the love is back. This is my second c5. I aint losing this one. Both have been the most reliable cars ive ever owned, the last one was modded and this one is on its way.... Maybe i'll see ya at a cruise, or cars and coffee soon. You cant miss me, im the lowest vette around, and the only one with 19" mayas :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
For all that amount of stuff to go wrong at the same time a little common sense tells you it just might be fuse related and sure enough, after the engine box fuses I checked the passsenger floor board fuses and that's where it was. We're all good to go now, thanks for all the input.
:cheers:
Yup. I had the same thing happen to me. Put in some LEDs and kept popping that fuse under the toe board on the pass side. It took out my dash lights, my tailights, my running lights and left the headlights stuck in the up position.

Glad you found it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
pain

Got to have pleasure spiked with pain to make it all work out!:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Damn that sucks, C5 blown fuse in Hawaii. (just saying) :laughing:

·
Registered
410 Posts
what fuze was it, cause my drivers side turn signal is gone too. its eating bulbs!

·
Registered
914 Posts
I noticed that the top of the bezel is melted. I can see the light through the cracks......Mine is melted worse than yours. I think GM should recall all of these and replace them with a lens that doesn't melt while your driving down the road! I too am not blinded by "Corvette Fever". These cars have several problems that should have been addressed at the factory. I don't refer to my car as a "SHE" or "HER". I work on cars for a living to me it is a "IT" and it has good days and bad days.

·
Registered
673 Posts
what fuze was it, cause my drivers side turn signal is gone too. its eating bulbs!
#6 fuse on the passenger side fusebox under the toe board.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts