Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Electron Blue is going away, or so i've heard..is that correct?, do you think GM will put out another blue just called different and with a different tint to it? Electron Blue rules...it almost hurts to say goodbye! :(
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
STuNnInTeE said:
Since the Electron Blue is going away, or so i've heard..is that correct?, do you think GM will put out another blue just called different and with a different tint to it? Electron Blue rules...it almost hurts to say goodbye! :(
Electron Blue has been replaced by Lemans Blue for 2004 (last year of the C5).

GM did not carry any colors over when they went from C4 to C5. I suspect the same with C5-C6. I think we've seen the last of Electron Blue.

But expect GM to have a new blue for the C6. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Going to paint a 85 blue and having a rough time deciding on Admiral Blue, Electron Blue or Navy Blue Metalic...
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
ChiMan said:
Going to paint a 85 blue and having a rough time deciding on Admiral Blue, Electron Blue or Navy Blue Metalic...
I'd go with Navy Blue Metallic!!! But... wasn't there a low-production dark blue for the earlier C4? I have seen it in person once and it's gorgeous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
ChiMan said:
After seeing the Powerhouse Navy Blue Metallic C5 that is what I was leaning towards, nice color...
Navy Blue is great. When are you going to paint your car? Are you doing the work yourself?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
I still have to strip about 3-5 layers of paint and get it all perfect along with new front and rear bumpers. I am going to try to set up a paint booth and do it myself for the first time with help from a painter friend.

As it is my second vette, I can take my time and if I mess up, just start over...
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Re: Re: Electron Blue

Patrick96LT4 said:
Electron Blue has been replaced by Lemans Blue for 2004 (last year of the C5).

GM did not carry any colors over when they went from C4 to C5. I suspect the same with C5-C6. I think we've seen the last of Electron Blue.

But expect GM to have a new blue for the C6. :thumbsup:
Isn't the latest C5-R painted LeMans blue :huh:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top