Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of ABS power brake eletric power brakes system?
It uses an eletric motor to build pressure and a accumulator to store the pressure.
I have a link to there web sight but it gives me a mow wear warning.
The web sight is ABS power brake.com

·
Registered
470 Posts
That's kind of scary btw to have it electronically controlled

Fuse burn, wire cut or dead electric engine .. no more brakes :crazy:

Should we name that "Brake by wire" ?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a phone number for ABs power brake they claim even if you lose eletric power the brakes will still work the accumulator will give you 2 power brake stops and once that runs out it would be just manual brakes after that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I installed this system on my '70 BB earlier this year. It works great! No more soft brakes due to low engine vacuum and really cleans up the underhood. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
:cheers:

Hid the pump so it's accessible by removing the gill vent

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They gave me a price this has been a while back of 900.00.
I was wondering how loud the motor is the guy I talked to said it was as loud as a noisy fuel pump but it only runs when you start the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The price you have is in the right ballpark. The noise is about like an electric fuel pump, but once it's up to pressure, about 20 seconds of time, then it's off 99% of the time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes it's a PITA to find their pricing. You have to get the part # from the parts catalog section, then look that number up in the pdf price sheet which is a different file. Or just calling them works too. It's a great kit and worth the money in my opinion. I ran all new stainless hard lines, replaced the proportioning valve, added braided stainless lines at the wheels and filled up with DOT5. This winter I plan to replace the factory rotors and calipers with Wilwood 14" 2 piece slotted rotors and with 6 piston calipers up front and 4 piston in back.

In case you didn't notice in my photo of the mounting location, it's also a great location for another worthwhile vacuum elimination project, the Firebird headlamp controllers for the Killer Lights kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts