Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I'm working on a car you can download to use in a video game ( GT Legends ), has anyone got better detailed pics of this car? specifically all the logos & decals?

http://www.mamotorworks.com/mygarage/cars/69l88.html

the game is great, you can make your own cars for it....been working on historic L88 vettes & it would be great to finish this one too

here's a screenshot of work-in-progress....still lots of fixes & modelling adjustments to make etc, but the decals would be nice to have

thanks!!

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Hey a vert model, did you make that one? Is it out for release yet? I only have the bumper car w/ the L88 lights that umma gumma made over @ rsc

In the mid america link it has Jongbloed classic 6 spoke JRW wheels, they are not being made anymore.

Here's a catalog pic if you can use it for skinning

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, I am ummagumma from RSC/nogrip.....hilarious, didn't think anyone here would even know about GTL

the stock vette was so freaking ugly, I had to do something :thumbsup:

still have to tweak the other cars I made a bit, but they're getting better. I really dig the historical aspect of making real cars that raced etc.

but I am having a hard time finding ANY reference for this car.....

cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, racervette69, got more pics of those vettes in your avatar? they look cool, would be good to have as well

thx

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Dude that is really cool :thumbsup:

Have you tried contacting Mid America Motorworks since it appears
they have the real deal? They just may be willing to work with you.

When your done.......make one of the Owens-Corning #1 car. :D
That was always my favorite '69 L-88 racer.

·
Registered
416 Posts
hey, racervette69, got more pics of those vettes in your avatar? they look cool, would be good to have as well

thx
The one on the right was redvette's, the brown was breech Knaffmans car at the time. It was SCCA club raced from the 70's till the early 90's with a few wins. made the runoff a few years. Got all the log books and photos through out the years with a written history of the car. thanks to revette.

here are more photos with different bodies,paint and being repaired after being rolled over at road Atlanta.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w228/racerbmwm3/

The video at the bottom is the same car at Wolf ridge Hillclimb this year.
The photo was taken at the top of wolf mountain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
doh!!

sorry, never saw those links before, thought it was just a sig line

hey, maybe I'll do that white #4 first, since at least there are good pics of it...is it your car? would you mind?

thx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ps owens/corning #1 is already in the works...hardtop & convertible versions :thumbsup:

pps thanks TwinTurbo, I grabbed the image :partyon:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
I'm the guy that sent you all those pics of the greenwood cars over @ rsc

OC1, this one?

Hey RED!!

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
or you could just buy the game, download the skin packs and use photoshop to color the color layer yellow and be done with it.

hey racervette, nice pics in your photo album there, right click & save :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
What's the chances of getting a cloud of points or wire frame for the shell of that C3.

I'd like to begin to build a geometry to do some airflow analysis in Fluent.

:D :D

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Mark, did you check on turbosquid or 3dcafe? they have some very detailed C3 models (doubt they have something resembling your car LOL) those models are most likely a lot more detailed than the game models.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
or you could just buy the game, download the skin pakcs and use photoshop to color the color layer yellow and be done with it.
I've made my own trucks before. I was probably around 12 when I did it. I was pretty hard getting the color to appear correctly on the parts I added on.

I could probably make the yellow car in a few minutes ;). It was more of a joke. That is if it was a coupe already.

I wonder if we could get the 3d modeling to do computerized wind tunnel testing.

Edit: couldn't you do wind tunnel testing with this?

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/342231

·
Registered
416 Posts
hey racervette, nice pics in your photo album there, right click & save :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks TT, same to you, admired your car and the quality of your work. You have corrected the problems many have encounter racing these beasts.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
the std car in the game is a coupe, like yours.

Still haven't figured out myself how to do this skinning, too little time. I did play around w/ it in photoshop a bit but I want to change the wheels into my RFX wheels... no clue how to do it, every time i do it it screws everything up.

racer, I like your radiator setup, I wanted to do that also and use an extracor hood but because of the front steering rack and pinion it couldn't be done, I valued the rack over the rad angle.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts