Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Err elected Mayor that is.

Y'all knew that was going to happen.:devil:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
....and Chicago continues its reputation as the home of the finest politicians money can buy. Pathetic.

In the words of William Hale Thompson, Chicago mayor from 1915-1923 and 1931-1935: "Vote early and often".

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey,

We traded for the mayor.

Our franchise player retired, we traded a special teams player and A LOT OF FUTURE DRAFT PICS to get our new starting quarterback from a team that needed "change".

Actually who knows all the back room politics that really went into this.

It stinks. Obama has his tenticles in Chicago and Chicago tightens it's grip on Washington.

Everyone is thinking future here. Obama may need a job in Chicago after 2012.

Or maybe Chicago can help deliver the 2012 election like it did with JFK.

:huh:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
LOL - Enjoy your "change" - eventually that's the only type of money any of us are going to have left when this crowd is done with us.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meet the new boss.................

Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fall that's all
But the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

·
DC Crew
3,084 Posts
RUB IT IN GUYS :D
LIKE IT OR NOT THINGS WILL NOT CHANGE THAT QUICK **THE CITY IS DIRT POOR * OUR TAXES ON JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING HAS GONE UP [MAYBE ALL AROUND THE USA ALSO] BUT A CAN OF COKE A COLA HAS A SIN TAX ON IT SURE ITS 1 CENT BUT STILL ANOTHER TAX *OUR GAS TAXES ARE I THINK ABOUT .48 CENTS A GAL * $3.98 A GAL YESTERDAY
MY PROPERTY TAXES HAVE GONE UP THIS YEAR $1600.00 EVERY 6 MONTHS [ NOT A CHICAGO TAX ] BUT IM SURE SOMEWHERE IN THAT BILL MUST BE ONE [ :laughing: ]

IT TOOK 55 YEARS TO GET A DALEY OUT OF OFFICE SO MAYBE A CHANGE WILL WORK *
SMALL NOTE MY DAUGHTER IN LAW WILL LOSE HER JOB MOST LIKELY SHE IS A COMMISSIONER FOR CHICAGO.AND A NEW MAYOR WILL CHANGE HIS STAFF >

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
RUB IT IN GUYS :D
LIKE IT OR NOT THINGS WILL NOT CHANGE THAT QUICK **THE CITY IS DIRT POOR * OUR TAXES ON JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING HAS GONE UP [MAYBE ALL AROUND THE USA ALSO] BUT A CAN OF COKE A COLA HAS A SIN TAX ON IT SURE ITS 1 CENT BUT STILL ANOTHER TAX *OUR GAS TAXES ARE I THINK ABOUT .48 CENTS A GAL * $3.98 A GAL YESTERDAY
MY PROPERTY TAXES HAVE GONE UP THIS YEAR $1600.00 EVERY 6 MONTHS [ NOT A CHICAGO TAX ] BUT IM SURE SOMEWHERE IN THAT BILL MUST BE ONE [ :laughing: ]

IT TOOK 55 YEARS TO GET A DALEY OUT OF OFFICE SO MAYBE A CHANGE WILL WORK *
SMALL NOTE MY DAUGHTER IN LAW WILL LOSE HER JOB MOST LIKELY SHE IS A COMMISSIONER FOR CHICAGO.AND A NEW MAYOR WILL CHANGE HIS STAFF >
Rahm is an insider's insider. He is connected to the existing power structure about as well as anyone can be. Not sure how anyone thinks there will be any significant change. The elite will continue to steer the gravy train in their own direction while giving lip service to the plight of the "working man". Same Chicago politics that have been around for 100 years.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rahm is an insider's insider. He is connected to the existing power structure about as well as anyone can be. Not sure how anyone thinks there will be any significant change. The elite will continue to steer the gravy train in their own direction while giving lip service to the plight of the "working man". Same Chicago politics that have been around for 100 years.

:agree:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

·
DC Crew
3,084 Posts
I did vote for the guy that lost * knowing he would lose big time and that rahm would be a shoe in *
he got just one vote less from me

hes not a police mans dream he will kick out the police commissioner right away and find his best friend that job *

ok enough on this only wish that the weather breaks and get some seat time in the corvette
matt see you at the brat stop

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
funny how the voting system is fulla fraud when your guy loses
....and how it's suddenly NOT when "your guy" wins. :D

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
funny how the voting system is fulla fraud when your guy loses.:laughing:
I don't think it's rigged, I look at the demographics and statistics and have come to the conclusion, that stupid people outnumber smart people 3:1 in Chicago, so the election results are true.

Anyone else notice that Chicago's population is very close to what it was in 1920, now? Smart people get the hell outta dodge when it becomes obvious that the stupid people are at the helm. :huh:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
funny how the voting system is fulla fraud when your guy loses.:laughing:

No fraud on the election.

Maybe on his residency ruling by the courts... the fix was in on that.

Rahm ran against three plus minority candidates.
They tried to consolidate knowing they would split the minority vote.

But when Clinton and Obama BOTH campaigned for Rahm,that cause further fractionalization of the monority vote.

How can you NOT vote for the guy Obama and Clinton want you to vote for?

Rahm won because he won with 55% of the vote.

(I don't care HOW many times people voted :laughing:)

·
Registered
5,206 Posts

But when Clinton and Obama BOTH campaigned for Rahm,that cause further fractionalization of the monority vote.

What about the dead votes? :D You know the ones who could only vote absentee because they exsist 6 ft under:lookinup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
I don't think it's rigged, I look at the demographics and statistics and have come to the conclusion, that stupid people outnumber smart people 3:1 in Chicago, so the election results are true.

but it also depends on how complex the issues are that are involved with the tasks at hand.
For example:
Even simpletons know that Republicans are better at blowing **** up.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

:laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Even simpletons know that Republicans are better at blowing **** up.:thumbsup:
Not necessarily. If you look at the economy, price of oil/energy on the day the democrats took office in 06, you will notice that things were much different than they are today. Hell, oil was around 40 when Obama took office..

The republicans are much better at blowing other countries up, but no one has ever done to the US what progressive democrats have done everytime they are in power.

They brought you:

The federal reserve.
Income taxation.
Corporate monopolies, subsidized by the federal government.
The worlds largest ponzi scheme.
Ghettos for the black people, fully equipped with baby slaughter centers.
Detroit.
Class warfare.
Political correctness.

So, most simpletons understand basic logic/economics, your just not as sharp as the average simpleton. :huh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts