Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My area requires emissions testing. What is the latest C3 I can purchase to avoid testing? Any sugestions or recomendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
The law says that your car can't be tested by 2003 standards, only to the standards established for the year of manufacture.

Example.---My 72 has the pipes sniffed at idle and the gas cap checked for proper seal. My 95 goes through all the rigors of the law, including the **** eating grins of the state employees as they sit there reving it.

I guess what I'm saying is that if it's tuned ok, you'll pass, so buy what you like:cheers:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that is a big help. I was thinking about a 78 to 82 but they have cat. converters. So I thought maybe a chrome bumper vette, might be the way to go. So many decisions to weigh, its making me :stick: .

·
Registered
175 Posts
It all bepends on your state in Florida before they did away with emissions, if the car was over 25 years old it did not need to do emissions, the best thing to do is go to the emissions place and find out the law for your state, now florida has no emission laws, so the cops do not even have a reason to bug me about running headers into side pipes with no cats, on my 77.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Don't let the "cats" bother you. There a couple of aftermarket cat makers that pass emissions and are less restrictive then OEM.

A thought I've had---A later C3 OEM exhaust is two into one. Why not use a cat for a later C4 and make it do double duty as a cat and a crossover? That way you can have the same dual pipe exhaust as a C4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts