Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just a thought. And I know I am a fatalist for even pondering such a thought. But dammit I am a forward thinking fatalist. Why do all my conspiracy channels on youtube advertise for noble gold? Why does RT news keep talking about a return to the gold standard? Why do people in this world keep thinking we are going to suddenly find some kind of time warp and just leap backwards in time?

Has anybody actually applied this thinking to today's world? I mean seriously, Once the bombs drop, or Yellowstone pops, or the melting ice floods the earth what is a brick of Gold in the autonomous killing machine wasteland era gonna buy you? And where would you cash that in at?

The next currency folks, is gonna be bread. Wheat. Fuel. Ammo. Gold is not the most precious metal today. It is a false hope that after the hypersonic war starts these bricks of raw semi precious metal might be worth something. And I say our survival prep should reflect this. I mean Your survival prep. I am in the concrete jungle. Over populated urban jungle. I am screwed. And to top that off I am at sea level. If the oceans raise 2" I might drown.

Sometimes youtube gets me down.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,360 Posts
You're right. If civilization has a meltdown, wheat, rice, fuel, and ammo will be the best bartering chip provided you have the firepower to protect it

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What does youtube know? The earth isn't flat or hollow. And the apocalypse is gonna look like this..

We should all prepare our rides accordingly.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well anybody buying into precious metals has lost money today:

https://www.kitco.com/news/2019-07-05/Precious-Metals-Hammered-After-U-S-Jobs-Report-Gold-Silver-Down-2-Platinum-Down-Nearly-4.html

Sadly most still don't even understand that this deep in the information age we can produce gold. This process requires a nuclear reaction and so you and I won't be making our own. But we still act like it is all precious. Even though by the day's definition it merely is a second rate semi conductor in an age of super conductors. And it can be manipulated by the same people that manipulate the dollar. And in the exact same way. Amiright? Just make some more. Or is that not how the US has the most nukes and the most Gold? Or am I reading too much between the lines again? But hey. What do I know.

Making food. Making ammo. Working with Solar Power. These are the things that will be ultimately desirable. And these are the skills we should all hone to the best of our ability on this side of SHTF. So that we don't find ourselves broke without spending money in a barter based world of survival.

Because money only matters after food and survival. Money requires a functional society. And that is what is going away when SHTF.

Interesting read on making your own gold here in 2019:

http://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2014/05/02/can-gold-be-created-from-other-elements/

It's just not 1900 anymore. We are living in those days. The days that 'Men shall run to and froe and knowledge shall be increased'

Realizing that we are all actively living in the days where any information we could dream of having is right there at our fingertips, how are we all not balls deep in incredibly hard to understand projects? I sure know I am.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You buy that stuff for the long term and when prices are like they are today. Record lows.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Sometimes youtube gets me down
What in the world are you searching when you find this stuff? You just need to come up here to eastern Kentucky. We have fresh vegetables from our gardens a lot of the year. We can our tomatoes, green beans, salsa, corn, apples, blueberries, blackberries, pears and anything else that will fit in a Mason jar. All of us have plenty of guns and ammo and reload our own. We hunt our food in the hills and help our neighbors raise their beef, pork and chickens. I eat eggs every day and haven't bought one in years. We know how to smoke our meat to preserve it. I get most of my milk from a real cow. I do buy country butter from a person that churns their own. Land o' Lakes sometimes. They share......for a small price. I own 25 acres of hills and 4 acres of bottom land.

I'll help feed you if'n the apocalypse comes. Just c'mon up here to God's country. We'll make it just fine and I know we can keep the scavengers at bay with our shootin' skills. We also know that Zombies need two head shots to kill them.

Daniel Boone, Jim Bowie and Judge Roy Bean are from here and they made it. We're just as tough.:D

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,360 Posts
You just need to come up here to eastern Kentucky.
Western KY is pretty much the same except our land is a lot flatter and like we say around here "I have 25 acres and a backhoe, no problem"

... anything else that will fit in a Mason jar.
Like liquid corn?:laughing:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Stock up !

Twinkies could last 30 years, but they just might not be that fun to eat. And one thing different about Twinkies is they don't rot. Ettlinger says there are around 39 ingredients in Twinkies and none of them are fresh.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Like liquid corn?
I usually take 3-4 gallons on the Hot Rod Power Tour and about 8 quarts to the Impala club shindigs...…….just to watch the folk walk funny.:D There might be a few Mason jars around somewhere. :devil:A guy from North Carolina has me beat though. His is more potent but not as smooth. I really think he saw the movie Thunder Road and believed it. I still remember the song. Damn I'm old.

·
Registered
927 Posts
What does youtube know? The earth isn't flat or hollow. And the apocalypse is gonna look like this.

We should all prepare our rides accordingly.
I have this decal on my Vibe

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts