Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
69 427 .40 over. heads are stock except for a little porting. com. cam 11-209-3 Dual Energy; Camshaft Kit; Hyd Flat Tappet;2000-6000rpm;Adv.Dur. 275 Int./283 Exh.;V.Lift .507 Int./.531 Exh.;Lobe 110 deg.;Incl
I do have a torker 2 intake with a 750 dbl. pumper. I had an idea of putting the original manifold back on with the original rechester carb. It is rated at 750 cmf.
Any thought on this combo? Just going to be a weekend driver.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
My son and I built a 427 that was originally in a 69 vette, the car was a 68 Camero. It was close to your specs, and was a monster on the street. Ended up dropping a valve and destroyed a head, then put a set of aluminum heads on it. Sold the car last year, it got 8 MPG at best so it was a weekend hot rod.I still have the good head it's a rectangular port. You will just have to experiment with yours and tune it to your liking's.

:cheers:
Mark

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I'd look at the 11-670-4 too. Since you are a little over the 427, it won't hurt to feed it a little more. The down side is it moves the bottom of the power band up to 1800 and the top to 6200.
Best bet might be to give Comp a call, have the rear gear, tire size, trans, weight and intended use ready. Let them suggest what might be a better choice. Then get on the phone with the others, not telling them you've talked to anyone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts