Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basis of this build is keeping my very low mileage already balanced short block as is. Bang for the Buck is the next priority. This car will be driven on the street in town driving and to car shows, average no more than 100 miles one way to a show. I have been running a ton of different combinations through DynoSim. After I found a combination that hit my goals (crower cam) thanks to grumpy's previous posts, I called crower to see what they recommended.

The 00304 cam is the one that by far beats anything else I have found using dynosim. David Crower recommended the 00305 grind as the build specs (compression, heads, intake, car weight, gear, etc etc) called for duration directly in betwean the 2 cams shown in the following img.

basic build is this:
355ci sb
fully balanced, forged pistons, good rods, etc
Vortec heads setup for .550 lift
Beehive valve springs per Crower
1.6in/1.5ex Roller rockers (cam is designed for that)
Edelbrock RPM Air Gap
Header brand i havent decided on
355 gears (replacing the 308's)
2600 stall converter (turbo 400 already rebuilt with all the upgrades, red clutches, kevlar bands, transgo reprogramming kit, hard part upgrades)

So.... ANY thoughts input dislikes etc are very welcome... I wont be putting it togather till fall but parts buying will be started in a matter of weeks.

edit: David Crower's TQ numbers he gave me over the phone match almost exactly to what I got in DynoSim. (forgot to mention that)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks good to me man. Those Vortec heads are hard to beat in the bang for the buck category.

I would always go 383 or 396 if going from the ground up, but you already stated that you are starting with your 355 balanced shortblock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts