Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok,

100% stock C6, then I get an aftermarket exhaust. I won't say which one, because I love it and don't want to hurt the company, then on my way to pick up my full K&N kit at UPS I get an engine code. Turns out to be an O2 sensor, dealer clears it as a test and it comes back, they change the sensor, then I get P0430 which is "low catalyst efficiency bank 2", clear that as a test and it comes back, so far I have cleared it I think 5 times, never P0420 (bank 1). Guy at the dealership said it probably just because it's higher flowing exhaust, but I had a hard time believe that. Called the company and they said they have only heard of people getting engine codes only 2 other times out of all the Corvette kits sold. So, I began to wonder if maybe people are getting the codes and just accept it or if I really do have a real problem.

So, Has any body else gotten an engine code from JUST changing their mufflers? Or do I just have a bad converter?

Thanks,
Steven

By the way, the service manager is a very nice guy and he and his dad are both corvette guys.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
a last resort is to "tune" it out.the air filter can make it worse.have you put a few miles on the car after the mods,like 200/300 miles.the ecm may learn

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, I think about 2000 miles. I got the new mufflers a pretty good while ago and what initially confused me about it is that the light for the o2 sensor would come on for a few days then cut itself off, then finally it just stayed on before I got it replaced. But when the P0430 comes on it stays on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts