Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
ragvette said:
On the 91 I really want to detail the engine bay. What's the best way?

:cheers:
I used a brass wire wheel on my drill to clean the Aluminum plenum, A/C lines, alternator and parts of the compressor. Very fast and very effective in areas that you can reach. The brass does not harm the aluminum if you go lightly. Use a brass brush for the tight spots.

I also used Turtle Shell rubber, vinyl & plastic protectant on the hoses and other rubber. It looks great and not sticky.

I dont risk using water on anything under the hood. I'll post a pic so you can take a look. Its not show quality but I dont mind opening up the hood whenever....:thumbsup:

· Registered
73 Posts
ragvette said:
On the 91 I really want to detail the engine bay. What's the best way?

:cheers:
Well, I can't post a pic on this thread, or at least I don't know how. So I posted in the Gallery at "Engines, mods and parts up close". BY the way, the paint on the injector covers and air filter cover etc., is just an off the shelf automotive spray can. It takes to the covers very nicely and only needs two coats.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.