Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have posted about this before, but now that both engines seem Ok and both are out of the cars, the decision is more difficult ...Well now the problem is..I have to decide which engine/Tranny I am going to put in the car..as the frame will be
finished soon..and I have no real direction...I do like the idea of the car having it's original engine/trans..but I also want
the car to be fun,reliable,and get good mpg...and I am extremely limited on budget...Choices are Original engine/Trans...which is a little dirty, but the car was low milleage...Or this motor from a Drag Car..it's been decked, and has new Dart S/S heads(2.02/1.60 68cc)..is a 1969 (327 block) that has a 3.50 stroke crank and bored .30 over...with a .490 lift crane cam 114LSA...and new valve springs and crane 1.5 rockers......I don't have any dual plane intakes..I have
a holley Z single plane (0-4800 rpm) and Strip Dominator(3500-7400) (the one with the longer runners for automatics),I have a new Holley 650Hp...and a 1978 L82 Q-jet...both run good....and I have 3.08 gears..and a choice of 2 TH400s...the original, and the one in the drag car..RMVB 3500 stall (10 inch converter, which I was told is really tight??) and a big cooler...I need to decide what combo to put in the car..looking for ideas?? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Okay, you want:

Fun
Reliable
Good MPG

The 327 will be fun, but less reliable than a stock 350, and probably not good MPG.

My suggestion...sell the 327.

Put that money into the 350.

Better cam, Vortec heads, intake, and exhaust.

It'll be more fun than a stock 350, it'll be more reliable than the 327, and it'll get good MPG when you're able to keep you foot out of it.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I agree dump the drag motor and get yourself a good top end for 350 and if neither transmission is a 700R4 then sell both of them and get ahold of one, then you will have that extra overdrive gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts