Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to show off your skills. Here is an engine pad from a Corvette from Hot August Nights. Real or Restamp? Year? Engine?
Good luck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
looks real to me too, but what the hell do i know???:rolling: :rolling:

effen nOObs--you guys joined a day too late, hi refugees. :partyon:

you guys joined at the same time, one is member xx380 and the other is xx381, hi guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I annoyed people on CF with this sort of stuff, I hope you will let me annoy yall.

This engine pad looks really good. But this is a 67/427 BB, so there is a lot of money to be made from a restamp on this one.

One thing I like is there is not a big offset between the water pump and the engine pad.

More to come on this one as we get more comments.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the car. It did not sell at $91,000 at Silver Auctions Hot August Nights.

Sorry the photo is blurred. It was a very pretty car.

The sellers placed the value at $125,000. This is a very good looking engine pad unlike many I have seen where they are called matching number and are clearly not, this was one that "seemed" ok.

The Sellers were honest and said that it this car had a "VIN stamped block" meaning just that it was not orginal and the VIN had been stamped on the block. They said they also had a partial tank sticker, but never said it was an orginal big block car which I assume is what you really wanted to know. So from there lack of postive statements about the car, this apparently was a 67 small block upgraded to a 427 BB car with a really good job on the engine pad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts