Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone......i have a none corvette related question:(

my friend is preparing his 1985 Chevy Caprice to try to keep up with me when i get my z06.......i feel that he would need much more money than he has to accoplish this lol

He plans to put a chevy 350 engine in the car...what would be the best combination of cam, intake, and carb?

i told him that he has alot of room under the hood and he should go for a large turbo, or a vortec supercharger....his budget is $6,000

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
-EB- said:
hello everyone......i have a none corvette related question:(

my friend is preparing his 1985 Chevy Caprice to try to keep up with me when i get my z06.......i feel that he would need much more money than he has to accoplish this lol

He plans to put a chevy 350 engine in the car...what would be the best combination of cam, intake, and carb?

i told him that he has alot of room under the hood and he should go for a large turbo, or a vortec supercharger....his budget is $6,000
To keep up with a Z $6000 aint gonna do it.
BTW, are we talking about an '06-07 Z? Because if we are, I've just put about $6500 into my '04 Z and I'm hoping to get 440rwhp (haven't dyno'd it yet). And thats doing all the work myself.
Now as to your question, Which year 350 is he using?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spiderpat said:
To keep up with a Z $6000 aint gonna do it.
BTW, are we talking about an '06-07 Z? Because if we are, I've just put about $6500 into my '04 Z and I'm hoping to get 440rwhp (haven't dyno'd it yet). And thats doing all the work myself.
Now as to your question, Which year 350 is he using?

2004 z06
Mistake on my part he is using a 72" 396 enigine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts